Director and General Manager Animal Health Belgium - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 09 June 2017
- Animal Health division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and planet.
- This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry’s most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
- As our new Director and General Manager Animal Health Belgium & Luxembourg you will report AVP Commercial Mid-Europe, company AH and have full responsibility over AH commercial business in Belgium & Luxembourg.
- Being a General Manager, you wil develop and ensure successful execution of short and long-term commercial plans, strategies and budgets for the commercial business within the respective countries, maximizing the performance in terms of sales, market share and profit, within broad guidelines established by senior management.
- In addition, you will achieve or exceed all the agreed financial, operational and human resource objectives through effective management, motivation and the development of colleagues.
Summary of Position:
- The projected 2017 revenues for AH Belgium/Luxembourg is (around USD 50 mio). The Commercial organization has an end-2016 headcount of 38 FTE.
- The Director and General Manager (GM):
- partners with global and regional species leadership in a matrix organizational structure as well as establishing and maintaining regular communications with R&D, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Legal and Regulatory, Global functions such as, Finance, and HR on multiple activities to ensure achievement of financial and non-financial objectives.
- continually liaises with major customers and maintains high customer-centricity
- builds and leads effective teams and, where appropriate, exploits synergies across geographic borders and maximizes cross-border services and solutions
- Leading, guiding and motivating the commercial team, emphasizing inclusiveness and a one-team culture
- Leads the preparation of operating budgets, sales and profit forecasts for country operations that are consistent with the short and long-term strategic business objectives of the region.
- Consistently achieves and regularly exceeds sales and profit targets based on pre-established financial targets, taking into account external factors such as exchange rates. Takes ownership for results.
- Prepares and submits the strategic planning of the business to ensure a steady growth and diversification of the business in the following three years, taking account of developing market practices and where possible influencing the direction of such practices.
- Develops and implements a strategy to win in a changing marketplace.
- Improves processes to drive cost efficiencies within and across the market.
- Monitors and stimulates registration of products. Demonstrates agility, where appropriate in exploiting opportunities to provide registration support across geographic boundaries
- Continuously monitors the potential financial impact of significant political, economic or business-related events within the market and develops comprehensive action plans to effectively address events that could otherwise compromise the achievement of the business plan.
- Stays informed of industry and competitive activities. Keeps AVP informed of trends or other competitive initiatives that could impact the market or Region.
- Establishes, visits and maintains regular contacs with key customers, distributors, key opinion leaders and authorities across the market, promoting effective communications and inspiring customer loyalty.
- Continuously seeks and proposes growth opportunities irrespective of the life-cycle including but not limited to local R&D developments or BD&L opportunities
- Works with Human Resources Business Partners to ensure the rollout, and implementation of the Annual Performance Management Program, and develops and implements effective Talent Management and Talent Planning initiatives within the country.
- Degree qualified (Science/Veterinary Science preferred), ideally with postgraduate business study (e.g. MBA)
- Understanding animal health industry, market trends, and business environment
- Minimum of 5-7 years of successful senior management experience, mainly in marketing & sales management
- A proven track record in leadership abilities and in building and leading high performing teams from different country and business backgrounds
- Ability to influence and manage in a matrix organization
- Proven strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- Cultural sensitivity, and ability to work effectively at all organizational levels
- Ability to work under time and business-delivery pressure and to act as a change agent within the company
- Drive and energy to quickly accelerate the pace of growth in the cluster aligned to regional objectives
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- English as strong first or second language, knowledge of French or Dutch is an advantage
- Approximately 40% - 60% travel across the Belgian/Luxembourg market
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Segment: Medical, Animal Health, General Manager, Manager, Law, Healthcare, Veterinary, Management, Legal