Diagnostics Product Specialist South Africa - South Africa
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 19 May 2017
- As an experienced Product Specialist you will be responsible for achieving sales growth and market share gain for our Diagnostics division of our company for Applied genomics, infectious disease & reproductive health product lines within the South Africa.
- From stand-alone application specific instruments opportunities to large integrated systems that are built in our center of excellence .
- Responsibilities include presenting our company capabilities in the marketplace, providing support to the South Africa sales account managers, running instrument demos & application work and to prospective customers, and representing our company in existing accounts.
Priorities and Objectives
- Work together with the Business Development Group to define standard of demonstrations, sales training and presentation material.
- Actively scout for and be involved in lead generation activities to identify new accounts and new, interesting and developing markets.
- Being able to provide high level information about techniques and products with the continuous aim of optimizing sales success.
- Maintain technical selling capability to function in a consultative role for our customers.
- Help develop specific annual growth plans in designated account(s).
- Identify customer needs and trends and always present/developing proposals of company products and support services to customers appropriately and effectively.
- Help identify and close business opportunities with sales territory.
- Agree and execute with the help of the respective responsible sales representative demonstrations either at a reference site, center of excellence or on site if appropriate
- Cultivate partnerships and reference sites with existing customers to be used in the selling process to prospective customers
- Facilitate solving customer problems by assuring cross functional coordination.
- Build a long term strong relationship with existing users to brick wall against competitive threats by understanding competitors in the marketplace and update business development/product management with that knowledge.
- Participation in strategically planned tradeshow/exhibitions
Education and Experience
Education and Experience
- 2+ years genomics sales experience with demonstrated success.
- Master’s degree in Sciences with technical background or knowledge in relevant scientific disciplines (Molecular Biology preferred);
- Command of English language, written and oral.
- Valid driving licence
- Strong PC, Internet and Microsoft Windows skills (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/MS Access/MS Project).
- Used to CRM environment (familiarity with SalesForce.com is a plus).
- Good presentation, communication and inter-personal skills including negotiation and influencing skills
- Energetic, results driven with excellent organisational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to be an effective team player with a can do attitude
- Strongly motivated, Self driven and flexible
- Assertiveness with a strong bias for action, results and constant improvement;
- Rapid and effective learning and adaptation skills;
- Proven good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Our company values the strength of a diverse workforce.
- Preference will be given to candidates from Previously Disadvantage Groups.
- % of Travel Required : 60-70%