Customer Service Engineer, Perten - Spain
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
The Customer Service Engineer will impact sales of Perten / PerkinElmer by maintaining a high standard, professional image and by demonstrating the added value of customer support, always acting as an ambassador for the Company.
The Customer Service Engineer will impact positively on the overall performance of the Perten / PerkinElmer Business by maintaining a flexible approach to work; Planning and executing work in an effective and efficient manner, providing the highest levels of customer service support and the best possible financial performance.
Candidates should be based in the Madrid area but be willing to travel across Spain as necessary. He/she will have to travel up to 50% of his/her time.
- Performs field service as advised by the call dispatch staff/system in conjunction with the Sales Leader / Service Operations Manager, carrying our repairs, maintenance and installation of, primarily Perten systems and their peripherals and accessories. In addition, provide support to other divisions supporting analytical and clinical instrumentation and their accessories as time permits. Provide first line onsite user training on Perten systems.
- Organizing routine maintenance allocated on a monthly basis.
- At the request of the manager performs service on behalf of Perten / PerkinElmer overseas offices, to the standard expected in Spain, at sites of overseas customers.
- Ensures that all documentation, circuit diagrams, Service Data Bulletins and manuals are of the correct revision to undertake service on specific instrument types. Maintains ancillary documentation e.g. Safety Manual, Procedures Manual to the highest standard with regular reviewing of manuals provided in accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Align personal working practices with the department’s performance targets. Actively demonstrate compliance with all team targets.
- Maintains personal service spares issued and inventory records to the highest standard. Ensures all anomalies are quickly and effectively reported and resolved.
- Ensures that all tools and test equipment is adequate to perform service required, and that all test equipment issued is calibrated at the times specified.
- Makes returns of all fully completed service documentation, Service Reports, Time Sheets, Expenses Claims, Motor Vehicle Log Sheets etc, on a weekly basis.
- May be requested to perform specific and agreed tasks as defined through the Goal statements, already embedded in the Company Culture.
- Must be Professional and Ethical with high Integrity.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with customers on all levels, providing service information, technical data and general help as necessary.
- Negotiating and influencing skills .
- Understanding of excellent Customer Service
Education and experience:
- Degree level of Education in electronics
- 2 years + experience
- Understanding of the Agricultural Industry – Ideally Analytical equipment
- Expert PC user with a knowledge of Microsoft OS (XP, 7), ability to network PCs.
- The ability to speak English fluently is essential
- Full Driving License.
- Incumbent must have excellent people management and motivational skills.