Business Process Manager - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases.
- We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
- These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
- Our company will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
- Our company's Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market.
- These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain our company’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Business Process Manager (BPM) is dedicated to business process re engineering (analysis, mapping and optimization) to enable the routine delivery of exceptional business process performance. This position is within the Global Engineering and Facilities Services function of Supply Chain and supports operational improvement initiatives.). The BPM will collaborate with Business Process Owners (BPO) to prioritize and drive business process improvements.
The role reports into the Executive Director, Global Engineering in California and is an office based role with minimal travel.
The BPM supports the following goal areas within GEFS:
- Business Process Reengineering
- The role will leverage the TOPs End to End Business Process Framework to define, optimize and maintain business processes.
- Kaizen, DMAIC Project and Lean Toolbox
- Continuous Improvement Education, Training and Certification
- dea to Project & Project Prioritization
- Best Agreed Global Practices
Detailed responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Leading complex cross-functional business process improvement initiatives in TOPs using defined Lean Six Sigma and Business Process Reengineering tools to:
- Identify gaps and inefficiencies to current state business processes.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and the desired future state.
- Prioritize the opportunities.
- Lead and work with project teams to implement improvements.
- Recognize barriers to improvement efforts and work to remove them.
- Generate project charter, SIPOC, project schedule, Business Process Definition, current and future state process maps, proposed solution plan, road map, impact/effort matrix, metrics with approval from BPO and BPMs.
- Process mapping for capital projects.
- Completing all projects by agreed due dates.
- Providing process improvement training.
- Supporting root cause analyses.
- Coaching Green Belt candidates.
- Collecting and reporting metrics.
- Participating in regular staff and strategy meetings to agree priorities and tactics.
- Maintaining content of the GEFS Website
- Managing the Capital Project and Reengineering Intake and Prioritization process.
- Maintaining alignment in methodology, procedure and governance within TOPs.
- Collaborative Leadership - Ability to influence with or without authority, facilitate groups with diverse perspectives, bring teams to consensus/alignment. High tolerance for ambiguity and able to create order from chaos. Builds credibility through solid relationships and solid track record of results.
- Ownership and Accountability – Takes accountability for actions, drives results, and able to learn from mistakes. Delivers on promises, goals, and expectations. Makes quality decisions and resolves problems with minimal delay as appropriate. Asks “what can I do to help?”
Communication - Ability to communicate effectively up and down, at all levels of the organization, present complex and/or new ideas with clarity and simplicity. Ability to draft and deliver clear and concise procedures or business process documents.
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills with the ability to multitask and adapt. Able to synthesize large amounts of information. Able to deliver results despite shifting environment.
- Analytical Problem Solving – Ability to identify problems, define problem statement clearly and accurately and apply structured and disciplined methodology to identify data-driven root causes. Innovative and effective in solution development, risk mitigation, and execution.
- Customer focused - Partners with customers, looks ahead to predict future customer needs. Manages expectations.
- Science, Engineering, Business BS/BA required or 5 -10 years of business/operations experience.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification required.
- Business Process Management (End to End Process) Hammer Certification preferable.
- APICS certification preferable.
- Minimum 5 years of bio-tech/pharmaceutical operations experience required with a proven track record of successfully leading, facilitating and managing large, cross-functional, business process improvement (Operational Excellence) initiatives.
- Minimum of 5 years of project management/management experience required, managing a range of small and large projects and teams.
- Sound knowledge of cGMPs and equivalent industry regulations.
- Knowledge and previous work experience with process mapping, Lean Six Sigma and Business Process Reengineering.
- Working knowledge of electronic GMP systems (Trackwise, LIMS, CMMS, Oracle EBS, SAP, etc.) preferred.
- Working knowledge of business process management Software (Pega7, Blue Works, Oracle BPM, etc.) preferred.
- Familiarity with Visio or other process mapping tools.
- Knowledge of performance measurement tools and metrics.
- Good facilitation, change management, interpersonal and problem solving skills required.