Business Practices Technical Lead - United Kingdom
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- As part of the newly created Business Practices Team, this role will ensure oversight of relevant global and local policies and be responsible for translating implications into fit for purpose Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to establish business practices as a competitive differentiator for our company UK.
- The main focus of the Technical Lead role is to manage all governing SOPs, including drafting, updating and retiring SOPs as well as serve as a consultant to the business in all matters relating to overarching policies.
- Critical to the success of this role and the new Business Practices model will be the need to work collaboratively with Legal as well as business experts to produce SOPs that are user friendly and support individuals and teams to be confident that we operate with the highest ethical standards.
- The Technical Lead will also be expected to be an integral member and in some cases lead relevant forums that build organisational awareness as well as promote consistent and effective practices across the business.
As the Technical expert, this role will be responsible for:
- Determining the overall scope of new global, regional and local Policies and suggesting revisions to existing Policies in conjunction with the business whilst ensuring a strong level of engagement with local and regional leadership
- In collaboration with relevant business experts, ensure periodic review, update and amendments are made to SOPs and Guidelines to reflect regulatory or corporate policy changes as well as ensure these are stored and easily accessible within a BP Sync/intranet site
- Maintain and facilitate the Compliance Champions Network; setting timings and expectations and motivating the relevant network colleagues (Champions) to act as advocates for Business Practices
- Securing strong and effective networks with relevant external networks such as ABPI and EFPIA as well as promote the Compliance views of our cpompany with external networks to ensure the voice of the Company is heard and taken into account in the Compliance arena
- Be an active member of the country compliance committee to ensure consistent and effective compliance standards across the business
- Must demonstrate in depth knowledge and understanding of relevant local, regional and global policies governing the Pharmaceutical industry, including but not limited to ABPI code of practice.
- Have previous experience in compliance related roles, preferable within the pharmaceutical industry
- Have demonstrable experience in designing and writing SOPs
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Law, Compliance, Pharmaceutical, Animal Health, Legal, Science, Veterinary