Brand Manager- Skincare, Cough and Allergy - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- A critical role in the Marketing Team, reporting to the Senior Brand Manager, Skincare, Cough and Allergy.
- The role leads the Cough & Allergy brands and supports the Skincare brands
- The UK is lead market for the Dermalex brand and therefore has a responsibility for developing strategy and execution on behalf of the wider group.
- There are ambitious plans for TCP, a locally led brand with consumer activations and for Wartner to double its size in the next 3yrs.
- On the Cough & Allergy brands, the UK is a key market in the global team and plays a major role in setting up the seasonal NPD pipeline and creative strategy for the wider global market.
- The Brand Manager is responsible for developing the brand strategies, executing plans and managing the brand’s P&L.
- Organisation Structure and Function Please attach organizational chart and indicate the number of reporting relationships. Total Directs 0 Total Indirects 0
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Lead the development of Brand Vision & Strategy.
- Identify key consumer insights, trends, data-points, customer feedback that will step-change brand growth.
- Lead the brand vision, strategy & 3yr innovations pipeline via TRIO and Initiatives process.
- Partner with Corporate Marketing to ensure UKI needs are championed and strong assets are created to drive results locally. 15%
Lead the portfolio 3:1 Growth Plan.
- Lead development of annual building block process (P&L) and define 3YR portfolio business objectives with the multi-functional team (Finance, CS&I, Regulatory & Sales).
- Present the business plan for sign off to Management Team.
- Lead a multi-functional team to define objectives and plans for individual initiatives or launches.
- Lead the TRIO to deliver an All Agency Brief for the annual marketing executional plans. 20%
Lead the multi-functional team to execute Brand plans.
Engage Finance to set the right financial objectives.
- Engage the Commercial Strategy & Implementation (CSI) team to define the right trade objectives and envision retailers behind these.
- Engage Sales to ensure the trade and in-store objectives are delivered.
- Engage Regulatory to develop, test & substantiate breakthrough claims.
- Engage Supply to ensure the forecast is right and we have 100% availability.
- Engage Consumer Services to understand issues & opportunities on the brand and define action plan to address them.
- Regularly communicate and share with Corporate Marketing and proactively collaborate on opportunities / risks. 15%
- Inspire multi-agency team with All Agency Brief to create Marketing plans and lead the execution of plans in market.
- Lead Table Top Review, gaining input & approval of all plans and executions from the Marketing Manager, Marketing Director and General Manager.
- Drive the execution of agreed Media, Creative, Digital and PR plans.
- Work in partnership with Shopper Marketing to own in store.
- Develop gold standard Pharmacy training materials and deploy these in an engaging way to the Pharmacy Field Sales Force.
- Amend and check pack artwork from Global Marketing, liaise with the 3rd party agency in Ireland and gain approval from key stakeholders.
- Ensure all claims are substantiated and approved by key stakeholders. 20%
Analyse brand performance and recommend actions to course-correct or accelerate.
- Lead monthly forecast review and submit to Group Brand Manager for Brand Review sign off.
- Interrogate brand in-market performance and proactively recommend actions to maximise sales and profit and / or course-correct vs. objectives.
- Lead consumer research, where necessary, to identify key insights that will enable the brands to grow.
- Use available data / insight sources to uncover opportunities / trends for future brand growth.
- Proactively share data with Corporate Marketing. 30%
Describe the nature and variety of the most typical and the most complex problems this job must resolve.
- Influence and partnership with other departments.
- Securing leadership and sign off of brand strategy and executional plans.
- Managing changes to budget or team priority. Most Complex Problems
- Project management of Initiatives milestones to deliver on time innovation to market.
- Responding to in market challenges i.e. performance, regulatory changes, issues management.
- Partnership working with Corporate Marketing given importance of Dermalex for future EU growth.
Decision Making Authority and Responsibility
- Type of Control Individual/Shared/Advisory What typical decisions does the job have total authority for making?
- This individual is the responsible but not accountable for the brand plans.
- Aside from budget management and invoice sign off (based on approval limit) all decisions are referred.
- Shared What typical decisions are referred to others for approval? Recommended strategy, creative direction and investment choices across media channels. Recommended responses to changes in market ie performance, issues management, competitor challenge. Shared Financial Dimension
- Amount £ Type of Control Individual/Shared /Advisory Value Sales 34M Shared with Senior Brand Manager (SBM) Departmental Budget 9M Shared (SBM)
Lisany information not included in the previous answers that is important to know about the position.
Primary tasks include but are not restricted to
- Individual will be expected to lead one or more cross – functional marketing activity.
- Individual will be expected to lead the Cough & Allergy strategy in strong partnership with Corporate hence this individual requires strong influencing and relationship building skills.
Knowledge and Experience:
What is the minimum level of knowledge (e.g., theories, principle, concepts, etc.) and skills that are necessary to competently perform the job (include formal education or equivalent, type and years of prior work experience, and other qualifications)?
- Educated to degree level preferably in Business or Marketing discipline.
- 5 years minimum experience in FMCG ideally in Healthcare.
- Must have experience operating at Brand Manager level for Beauty Skincare, Medicated Skincare, Cough and Allergy categories
- Must have experience in NPD concept development and ideation within Skincare (both Beauty and Medicated), Cough and Allergy categories.
- Must have experience working with global teams to adapt and co-create new marketing assets
- Must have experience in developing strategy and leading creative development.
- Must be data literate with good communication skills and able to inspire confidence.
- Must live the company values and operate in line with the UKI behaviors.
- Must have strong influencing skills.
- Highly desired: international work experience