Audit Specialist Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 09 June 2017
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where our company has codified its 125-year legacy. Our company’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Under the direction of the Client Audit Director ("CAD") and the Auditor-in-Charge ("AIC"), the Senior Specialist will:
- Participate in the execution of financial, operational, SOX 404 and IT audits, integrated audits and process audits, both domestic and abroad to maintain a strong internal control environment at our company.
- On occasion, the incumbent will be expected to lead small teams of auditors audits with limited management supervision in addition to actively performing audit work.
- Under the direction of the AIC, partner with colleagues and clients, support groups, and other organizations to effectively complete all assigned audit work.
- Execute audit programs and work papers (including walk throughs and sample testing) in line with the established quality standards and timelines.
- Collaborate with the audit team in the writing of audit summaries of issues and reports which accurately describe identified control concerns, associated risks, and appropriate recommendations
- Participate in department projects and ensure the realization of the specified results.
- Maintain the highest standards of professionalism and independence in the execution of duties with the highest level of integrity and quality.
- Show good judgment in the conduct of work.
- Travel for this position is expected to be up to 30% of the time (domestic and international)
Education Minimum Requirement:
Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance.
Required Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in internal audit, public accounting, or general accounting.
- Experience with audit methodology and internal controls.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with client and business process owners as well as MCAAS colleagues.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of information technology and ability to use various applications and systems.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work within a team as well as independently.
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task are essential to the position.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- CPA or pursuing CP
- Big 4 or Regional Accounting Firm Experience.
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Audit, CAD, Internal Audit, Animal Health, CPA, Finance, Engineering, Veterinary