Associate Systems QA Engineer - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
A Systems Quality Assurance Test engineer works with software, firmware and hardware engineers to evaluate the initial prototype designs, pilot builds, and provide performance data for new and established designs. Works closely with cross functional development teams to ensure a quality product is delivered to the customer. Quality control and system performance evaluation will also be part of the requirements.
- Perform testing on Chromatography data system software, custom 3rd party device drivers to ensure proper performance, long-term stability, reliability, robustness and customer-usability on chromatographic instrumentation (GC, MS, HS, TD, LC as examples).
- Evaluate and test new or modified hardware, firmware, software and/or systems.
- Create all documentation as required by SOPs in regards to test activities such as test reports/results.
- Follow test protocols, test plans, formal and expert defined tests.
- Log and track all defects, test case development, test results and requirements coverage.
- Work with analytical instrumentation including installation, setup, configuration and basic troubleshooting.
- Document and summarize results for investigative testing.
- Support extended team with regards to testing and test environments
- Work with and follow proper safety measures while using hazardous chemcials.
- General maintenance of laboratory equipment used for testing.
- General housekeeping of supplies and chemicals used in labs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with 0-2 years of related instrument and/or software experience in a high technology environment.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple projects with constantly changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills
- Strong team work and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Ability to learn new software applications and operating system platforms with minimal guidance
- Minimal travel required.