Associate Medical Director- Oncology - South Africa
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Under the general supervision of the EEMEA Oncology Medical Affairs Lead, the South Africa Oncology Medical Advisor is responsible for establishing a network of local thought leaders aimed to facilitate local South Africa scientific discussion in the oncology health arena.
- Also, leads the organization of local South Africa internal scientific teams within Oncology areas aligning medical and commercial managers in order to develop local coherent strategies encompassing scientific, medical, regulatory and economic aspects.
- He/She is the Medical is the ultimate responsible for the review and approval of the Oncology CBL promotional material.
- The incumbent models and demonstrates the company Leadership Standards in all interactions with employees, internal partners and external clients & partners, with special emphasis on shape Strategy, deliver Customer Value, collaborate, and Ethics & Integrity.
Activities related to Marketing:
- Acts as ‘Medical Business Partner’, in the cluster core team, to give input and co-decide on the key strategies to ensure early and broad access to Keytruda and other future oncology products, with adequate recognition of the added value of this breakthrough medicine.
- Liaising and negotiating with national and international physicians to establish good relationship and modelling HCP (health care professional) perception about our company Oncology products
- Ensuring the marketing and sales teams are kept up to date with new scientific data. Detects, complies and analyzes all information on company and competitive Oncology products, and disease necessary for the Oncology Marketing and Sales areas
- Organization and attendance national and international scientific events (meetings, congress and symposium). Cooperates in the organization of scientific meetings, sponsored or fully organized by our company. Contacts and assists foreign and local speakers, as well as local speakers invited by MHHD or other subsidiaries.
- Medical review / approval of Oncology promotional material and medical information & communication materials in general according to the actual SOP
- Accountable for coordination and properly implementation of local and IISP clinical studies.
- Provides Medical support to key activities aimed to include company products into public and private formularies
- Continuous support to the Oncology medical team for Life Cycle Management opportunities (new products developments or combinations) liaising global communications and local needs.
- Delivering presentations at medical meetings and events.
- Organization and implementation of Advisory input activities (i.e. Advisory Boards and EIFs)
Activities related to Sales Force
- Ensuring the Oncology sales force is kept up to date with scientific data. Provides or coordinates medical training and assistance to the Sales Force, both preparing medical bulletins and special presentations, and verifying the quality of their knowledge in the field.
- Accountable for medical review / approval of training materials.
Activities related to the Oncology Medical Department
- In addition to commercial, partner with market access/CORE to develop as appropriate access programs and undertake RWE (Resl world evidence generation programs) are undertaken in country/cluster
- Assess, develop and deliver LCEs/cluster studies of local need/interest.
- Partner Country medical director, regulatory and other stakeholders to deliver objectives.
- Engage with and provide regular updates to the Managing director and local management team.
- Foster collaboration among local marketing leaders, regional marketing support, RDMAs and medical managers in order to facilitate scientific tools, delivering presentations.
- Acting as liaison between MKT and Clinical Research staffs. Supports GCTO in the Identification of potential investigators with adequate profile and infrastructure.
- Provide input into appropriate prioritization of company studies and sites selection, consistent with local strategy, balancing the short term and long term needs of local subsidiary. Coordinates local clinical studies planning and assignments, and IISP.
- Provides Medical support to Regulatory and Pharmacovigilance areas.
- Maintains and strengthens a fluent relationship with medical and government officials, at a level of cooperative and scientific interchange.
- Performs a selected bibliographic reading and selection of Oncology clinical studies from international publications or from other bibliographic systems.
- Provides training in PIR, DPOC and other processes to subsidiary members.
- Final responsible for the elaboration of the Local Oncology Medical Affairs Plans (OMAPs) maintaining alignment with the overall brand strategy.
- Foster communications between “Oncology Medical Governance” areas: Regulatory, MRL, Pharmacovigilance, Quality, and Medical Affairs Managers in order to align actions or improve procedures.
- Drive and implement non promotional “Medical Own Meetings” related to Oncology, such EIF and Advisory boards.
- Collaborate with SL speaker program aligned with our company procedure (GEEM –Country to Country program).
- Motivate and drive medical initiatives with “Client Focus” across Oncology Medical Affairs.
- Be part and chair of the Medical Governance Country Board.
- Accountable for implementation of procedures related to the oncology medical area.
- Accountable for implementation of improving programs like Six Sigma.
- Accountable for implementation of the Oncology DPOC for the subsidiary.
- Final responsible for medical review of oncology product labels.
- Collaborate with registration and reimbursement of our company Oncology products.
- Represents our company affiliate beyond medical and scientific local and national entities as requested.
- Responsible for the Oncology medical department budget planning and accountability.
Activities related to Corporate Activities
- Comply the corporate policies, procedures and quality standards
- Approval physicians participation at scientific events to ensure compliance with corporate policies
- To be an “ambassador” for non-commercial programs/Social Responsibility in order to create awareness, and support PR activities from the scientific view.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience, Qualifications Required for the Role
Position requirement: Medical degree, MBA, or other advanced degree
- Pharmaceutical industry and healthcare environment
- Commercial environment
- In-line and pipeline product knowledge
- Industry Code of Conduct
- Sales and marketing
- Corporate / Head office environment
Experience min 10+ years clinical experience and > 3 years pharmaceutical industry experience
- Medical Affairs
- Industry Code of Conduct
Skills / Competencies
- Leadership: Proactively identify projects and opportunities
- Cross Functional Team Leadership : Establish, facilitate and drive towards reaching objectives
- General business analytical skills: understand, analyse, evaluate and interpret financial statements etc
- Problem Solving
- Conceptual thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Facilitation: cross functional teams often consisting of senior team members
- Presentation Skills
- Analysis and Evaluation
- Bringing to completion
- Investigative Skills
- Communication Written/Oral
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage variety of tasks under pressure
- Company Leadership principles
- Decision Making
- Project Management skills and experience
- Commercial acumen
- Time Management
- Medical Advisers
- Medical Science Liaison
- Administrative MA Positions
Decisions made with referral to my Manager:
- General administration Budget Control
- Organizational Design
- Medical Affairs Issues
- Build the medical and technical expertise across an expanding Oncology product portfolio
- Build our company credibility and expertise within the industry and healthcare environment
- Ensure internal and country compliance objectives are met as they pertain to activities/projects owned by the medical department
- Leverage opportunities for growth, both from within the business and from outside.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Segment: Medical, Oncology, Manager, Law, Pharmaceutical Sales, Healthcare, Management, Legal, Sales