Associate Director, Process Engineering (Global Engineering Solutions) - Ireland
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
- The Associate Director in Global Engineering Solutions is responsible for implementation of capital projects (Process Lead) and studies that support business objectives.
- Reporting to a Technology Director, the candidate leads capital project Process Engineering activities ranging from early pre-charter activities through execution and close-out utilizing the Capital Management stage gate process with varying degrees of responsibility.
- he Associate Director collaborates with other Integrated Project Team members (plant operations personnel, outside contractors) and is able to direct the work of suppliers in preparation of project related deliverables. The candidate also leads studies, applies Lean methods, and provides consulting to ongoing projects and existing business operations.
- The Associate Director will primarily support the Large Molecule Biologics/Vaccines/Sterile lines of business with opportunity to be exposed to multiple business areas. and is expected to develop and maintain advanced technical knowledge in their respective area(s) of expertise.
- The Associate Director will exhibit advanced leadership, interpersonal and communication skills, is expected to develop and maintain technical knowledge in their respective area(s) of expertise, and provides guidance to assigned engineers.
- Successful performance requires advance technical knowledge in own field, knowledge in a variety of other areas including new products, processes, systems and facilities, and imaginative and innovative approaches to new and diverse problems.
- Responsible for development of project scope, front-end planning, evaluation of alternative solutions and preliminary designs for manufacturing facilities
- Provides technical guidance during project implementation, assures viability of technology in proposed configuration, adherence to company standards and practices
- Preliminary designs, including P&ID development and HAZOP facilitation
- Leads or supports commissioning and qualification activities
- Participate in the development and review of engineering guidelines, standards, safety/environmental policies, and change request.
- Percent of travel: >25% for projects assignments outside of primary location. Travel and flexibility in project assignment location is required; assignments may require short term travel assignments.
- Education: Bachelor of Science degree (or higher) in Engineering or applicable Science
- Minimum 7 years Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry in engineering and/or manufacturing in vaccines or biologics
- Advanced understanding of hygienic, CIP, SIP design and unit operations specific to biologic manufacturing and/or aseptic processing
- Creative, innovative, thinks outside of the box, self-motivated, applies problem-solving skills, and solid base in engineering fundamentals and equipment troubleshooting
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills. Ability to get results in a cross functional environment and has ability to effectively collaborate with and influence partners.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Project/Time Management skills which deliver on time and quality work
Job Segment: Process Engineer, Manager, Engineer, Consulting, Biotech, Engineering, Management, Technology, Science