(Assistant) Patent Formalities Officer - Belgium
- We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
- Employees of our Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
- Today, our company is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world.
- Our research and development center develops products for a wide range of disease areas, such as mental disorders, neurological problems, infectious diseases, immunological disorders, cancer, and cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.
- Within J & J patent department we are looking for a (Assistant)
You support the patent attorneys, and together with your colleagues you are responsible for the administrative process of patent procedures at an (inter) national level. Within this administrative process you manage all formalities from the time of filing and facilitate input in our patent management system.
- Supporting the formalities aspect of filing of national, international and priority patent applications
- Correspondence with official bodies, foreign agents and inventors
- Coordinating and registering licenses, transfers, name and address changes, etc. in the respective patent registers.
- General administrative support
- You have at least a bachelor's degree or similar work experience.
- You write, read and speak English fluently.
- Preferably you have experience with administrative support in the legal industry (patent office/department, law firm). Being a Certified Formalities Officer would be an advantage. Candidates with knowledge of chemistry or pharmacy but without experience in the legal sector are also encouraged to apply.
- You are client-oriented and stress resistant, can work in a structured way and attach great importance to data reliability.
- You can work in a team and are flexible.
- You have knowledge of commonly used computer programs: Excel, Word, Outlook, ... and are open to learning new computer systems.
What’s in it for you …?
- As an employee, we consider you as our most valuable asset.
- We take your career seriously. As part of a global team in an
- innovative environment, your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility. Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth. Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.