Waste Water Treatment Plant Specialist - Ireland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career
- Reporting to the Utilities Lead, the Environmental WWTP Specialist will be responsible for management and technical guidance on all environmental and safety aspects of site WWTP operations.
- This role provides operational, quality, utility, environmental, safety and waste water treatment services and expertise to WWTP to enable the manufacture of quality pharmaceutical products in accordance to meeting the Merck Manufacturing Division (MMD) Priorities of: Compliance, Supply, Strategy and Profit Plan.
- Environmental WWTP Specialist manages all aspects of the WWTP by providing both generic and specialist environmental and safety advice on all matters relating to the site EHS programmes which relate to the WWTP.
- The ideal candidate is a self-directed, technically strong individual who can work in a multi-disciplined team environment.
- Ensure highest Compliance (Safety and Environmental) standards with site IED Licence, Corporate policies, global standards, and procedures for WWTP.
- Management of day to day operations of WWTP operations.
- Assist with design reviews of any WWTP upgrades to support site projects including waste water characterization..
- Ensure WWTP equipment availability, maximize performance of WWTP operations and identify / implement continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Streamline and optimize WWTP plant processes.
- Oversee continuous operation of WWTP.
- Provide on-going coaching and support to the WWTP operations team in resolving operational issues.
- Be an active participant within the Utilities Engineering team sharing Engineering best practices.
- Promote a culture of EHS excellence and provides high-quality safety, health and environmental technical leadership to assigned projects.
- Attending daily Tier meetings and follow-up.
- Assists in the management the site’s periodic EHS Self Assessments programme to assure conformance with Site, Corporate and/or Statutory EHS requirements.
- Completes weekly reviews of Environmental and WWTP performance and ensures follow-up actions are completed.
- Responsible for investigating EHS Incidents related to the WWTP.
- Attending and responding to relevant Hazop.studies and completion and follow-up of specific risk assessments.
- Responsible for representing WWTP for both internal and external audit inspections.
- EHS Standard Owner and SME for assigned standards.
- Delegates for Utilities Lead as required.
- Provide environmental and EHS support for projects.
- Operate in full compliance with site, industry and EPA requirements in waste water treatment and disposal.
- Participate in efficiency and streamlining projects which contribute to site initiatives and contribute to increased safety, process improvement cost saving etc.
- Degree (EHS Environmental) or 3rd level qualification (Engineering)
- Desirable Masters qualification (specifically environmental).
- > 5 years experience operational experience in WWTP plant environment with experience in the utility management, Waste water treatment, safety and environmental compliance.
- WWTP process and technology background: the successful candidate will understand how to drive optimization.
- Demonstrated ability to realize improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated successes in a team environment, such as project teams, Six Sigma team, etc.
- Demonstrated high level of problem solving, innovation and facilitation skills.
- Advanced PC skills such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Experience with Management Systems such as PEMAC, EHS, Microsoft PM, etc.
- High level of knowledge of Safety, Quality and Environmental requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (includes ability to write standard operating procedures and work protocols).
- Ability to plan, prioritise and effectively manage time, meet deadlines and produce quality deliverables.
- Demonstrated experience of stakeholder management of multiple decision makers, cross functional teams.
- Desirable Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Qualification
- Results and performance driven.
- Adaptive and flexible.
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Architecture, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineer, Plant, Engineering, Manufacturing