Aerodrome Business Park
TITLE: Warehouse Operative
LOCATION: Aerodrome Business Park, Rathcoole, Co. Dublin
CONTRACT: Fixed Term; 19th June – 15th September (holiday cover)
REPORTS TO: Warehouse Manager
DCCVital (formerly DCC Hospital Supplies & Services)
DCC Vital is a leading healthcare business in Britain and Ireland with sales in excess of 300 million, over 900 employees and an ambition to be one of the leading players in the supply of own and 3rd party products and services to the healthcare sector. DCC Vital is focused on driving organic growth in its existing businesses and identifying new acquisition opportunities that strengthen and expand its product range, broaden its geographical reach and improve its business.
DCC Vital operates across three key divisions - DCC Vital Medical Devices, DCC Vital Pharma and DCC Vital Logistics:
- DCC Vital Medical Devices is the leading player in sales, marketing and distribution of medical devices and consumables in Ireland with a rapidly developing position in Britain. DCC Vital’s broad range of medical devices encompasses areas such as woundcare, urology, procedure packs, critical care (anaesthesia, endovascular, cardiology, and IV access), diagnostics, orthopaedics and neurology.
- DCC Vital Logistics is a leading provider of value added logistics services in Britain, providing innovative stock management and distribution services to hospitals and healthcare brand owners/manufacturers focused on delivering products and services across theatres, wards, and home care setting .
- DCC Vital Pharma sells markets and distributes innovative and generic pharma products in Ireland and Britain through the hospital, pharmacy and homecare channels. DCC Vital Pharma's portfolio of own and third party pharmaceuticals encompasses a range of therapy areas including oncology, antibiotics, pain management, haematology, respiratory, addiction and emergency medicine.
DCC Vital is a fast-moving ambitious business with an active focus on acquisition. The most recent addition to the business, Williams Medical Supplies, the market leading supplier of medical devices and pharmaceuticals to the primary care sector, has enabled DCC Vital to now offer the broadest network of sales and distribution of healthcare products and services in UK and Ireland.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
The principal duties and responsibilities of a Warehouse Operative are to ensure all stock and process related activity is undertaken in accordance with our practices, procedures and quality system, without error and safely.
The principal duties and responsibilities for this position include:
- Accurate Order checking, picking, packing and dispatch of goods as per procedure and instructions
- Goods Inwards, checking, sorting and put-away of products received
- Reporting any discrepancies or problems to line manager/supervisor without delay
- Excellent communications with all relevant departments within the organisation
- General housekeeping to ensure that stock is stored in a safe and clean environment
- Stock taking and regular cycle counting (some week-end/after hours work)
- Opening and closing of facility.
- Processing of returns from customers.
- Participation in appropriate training as may be required from time to time
- Experienced in the operation of MHE / fork lifts (subject to licence/training status) – desirable
- Keeping your designated area tidy and clean
Qualification & Experience:
The principal skills, experience and personal characteristics, are:
- Minimum 2 years Warehouse experience, i.e. goods in, put-away, pick, pack, dispatch & stock control
- Good numerical skills and attention to detail
- Friendly, flexible and be willing to work as part of a team
- Good organisational and communications skills
- Ability to work under pressure and own initiative
- Working hours as agreed with your manager and flexibility required as regards to working hours necessary
- Hands-on experience with warehouse computer systems advantageous, especially SAP
Please note that all Fannin staff work within a quality management system and that all of the above will apply to the full Fannin product portfolio which includes products such as medical devices, pharmaceuticals and tissues.
Although the above is a description of the requirements of your job, as stated in your contract of employment, you may be required to carry out other reasonable duties as the Company may require from time to time.
FANNIN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER