Location: Aerodrome Business Park, Rathcoole, Co. Dublin
Department: Community Care Services
Reports to: CCS Supervisor
Contract type: 3 month fixed term
DCC Vital is a leading healthcare business in Britain and Ireland with sales in excess of £300 million, over 900 employees and an ambition to be one of the leading players in the supply of own and 3rd party products and services to the healthcare sector. DCC Vital is focused on driving organic growth in its existing businesses and identifying new acquisition opportunities that strengthen and expand its product range, broaden its geographical reach and improve its business.
DCC Vital operates across three key divisions - DCC Vital Medical Devices, DCC Vital Pharma and DCC Vital Logistics:
- DCC Vital Medical Devices is the leading player in sales, marketing and distribution of medical devices and consumables in Ireland with a rapidly developing position in Britain. DCC Vital’s broad range of medical devices encompasses areas such as woundcare, urology, procedure packs, critical care (anaesthesia, endovascular, cardiology, and IV access), diagnostics, orthopaedics and neurology.
- DCC Vital Logistics is a leading provider of value added logistics services in Britain, providing innovative stock management and distribution services to hospitals and healthcare brand owners/manufacturers focused on delivering products and services across theatres, wards, and home care setting .
- DCC Vital Pharma sells markets and distributes innovative and generic pharma products in Ireland and Britain through the hospital, pharmacy and homecare channels. DCC Vital Pharma's portfolio of own and third party pharmaceuticals encompasses a range of therapy areas including oncology, antibiotics, pain management, haematology, respiratory, addiction and emergency medicine.
DCC Vital is a fast-moving ambitious business with an active focus on acquisition. The most recent addition to the business, Williams Medical Supplies, the market leading supplier of medical devices and pharmaceuticals to the primary care sector, has enabled DCC Vital to now offer the broadest network of sales and distribution of healthcare products and services in UK and Ireland.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The principal duties and responsibilities of a Warehouse Operative are to ensure all stock and process related activity is undertaken in accordance with our practices, procedures and quality system and without error.
The principal duties and responsibilities for this position include:
- Accurate Order checking, picking, packing and dispatch of goods as per procedure and instructions
- Goods Inwards, checking, sorting and put-away of products received
- Reporting any discrepancies or problems to line manager/supervisor without delay
- Excellent communications with all relevant departments within the organisation
- General housekeeping to ensure that stock is stored in a safe and clean environment
- Stock taking and regular cycle counting (some week-end/after hours work)
- Opening and closing of facility and some cleaning work, as required.
- Processing of returns and collection of goods from customers.
Qualifications and Experience:
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Two years experience in a similar role, ideally in a service environment
- Experience in a busy warehouse environment, i.e. goods in, pick, pack and dispatch & stock control
- Good numerical kills and attention to detail
- A forklift licence
The successful candidate will be:
- Flexible and hardworking
- Ability to work effectively and co-operatively with others
- Ability to work well under pressure while adhering to strict deadlines
- During periods of high volumes you may be required to provide support to other areas of the business.
- Occasional requirements to work beyond normal working hours and to travel to other Fannin sites will be expected.
- You will be expected to attend internal & external training courses
- Shift work and out of hours work will be a requirement.
DCC Vital IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Please note that all DCC Vital staff work within quality management systems and that all of the above will apply to the full DCC Vital product portfolio which includes products such as medical devices, pharmaceuticals and tissues.
Although the above is a description of the requirements of your job, as stated in your contract of employment, you may be required to carry out other reasonable duties as the Company may require from time to time.