Warehouse/Materials Handler - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
What you'll be doing:
- Ensure all shipping and receiving activities are in compliance with regulatory and internal standards for packaging, labeling, loading, unloading and packaging.
- Responsible for entry of all related transactions into ERP system.
- Ensure that all chemicals are safely handled and coordinate entry in site inventory.
- Responsible for domestic and international shipments, preparation of documentation, interactions with customs, freight forwarders, commercial trucking services, Fed Ex and UPS.
- Responsible for maintenance of internal warehouse staging for incoming and outgoing materials. Interact with offsite storage providers and internal resources to ship and maintain site inventory.
- Ensures all parties are aware of requirements for packaging materials and samples to be shipped/received from the site. Provide instruction and training for employees when requested/required.
- Schedule packaging activities based on daily shipment priorities.
- Identify non-conforming material or product upon receipt.
- Assist buyer/planner, and production Supervisor with establishing and ensuring appropriate re-order inventory levels based on consumption, package size, and lead time.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you need for this role:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3-5 years hands-on warehouse/ warehouse management experience, Logistics.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to list up to 40lbs.
- Previous experience with lean manufacturing, 5S, Kanban, Kaizen.
- Current experience with ERP systems with preference given to Visual Manufacturing.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more.
- Opportunities for growth and training.
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company.
- Great work environment.
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
- EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age