This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 13 June 2017
- The Head of US Market Access leads the Market Access department and function for our company in the US.
- The company US Market Access department is comprised of Pricing and Contracting and Reimbursement Strategy, Channel Management and Contract Operations, Market Access Marketing and Payer Field Team, Patient and Reimbursement Services and Field Teams, and Market Access Operations Management.
- This position oversees the development, implementation, ongoing assessment and adaptation of all product and market strategies to secure and maintain optimal market access for marketed products in all U.S. therapeutic areas.
- The Market Access Department at our company was recently integrated over a year ago and has been an area of focused investment and development.
- The team has been recently organized and expanded considerably.
- The foundation is in place with continued nurturing to field a best-in-class pricing and market access function for our company compared to like companies.
- A seasoned leader is sought with the relevant experiences in the domain functions as well as the requisite expertise in leadership, team development, and organizational influencing. A track record of success in leading and managing strategy, operations, and customer relations is desired. We value a leadership approach that is evidence-based and built on a reasoned understanding of the knowable pertinent facts.
- We seek someone able to develop and translate strategy into action in the marketplace to capture the most important results in a timely fashion through disciplined program and financial management.
- We value a leader who can build resilience into their team and can adapt to challenging and/or changing market conditions across diverse existing businesses.
- An ability to partner successfully with other company leaders and influence the larger company agenda is also expected.
- The incumbent will be a key leader on the US Commercial Leadership Team and a peer to the 3 US therapeutic BU heads and the head of US Commercial Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Determine and set market access strategies for all in-line and pipeline US brands, including pricing, contracting, reimbursement, value proposition and messaging, payer management, channel management and distribution, patient support services and field reimbursement support.
- Manage the ongoing continuous reassessments and adaptation of such strategies.
- Monitor and manage all associated operations: contract operations, government price reporting, trade customer operations, and outsourced hub and pharmacy services operations.
- Set direction and monitor associated field teams: Payer Team, Channel Team, Field Access and Reimbursement Teams. Engage directly when helpful with specific customers to improve and help maintain productive relations. Lead or oversee negotiations with Market Access business partners where appropriate.
- Lead development of Payer and Provider Product Value Propositions for Market Access customers and associated marketing strategies and tactics and collaterals.
- Partner with Medical Affairs/HEOR on overall Product Value demonstration strategies and evidence generation.
- Partner with US Brand teams and Commercial Operations and others in company to meet joint market and brand objectives.
- Partner with Global Molecule Teams to develop product and TA lifecycle plans fit for the US market access needs.
- Partner with Corporate Development and New Product Planning for pricing and market access assessments and diligence of potential new M&A targets.
- Partner with Corporate Affairs for corporate communications, advocacy and government affairs strategy as it pertains to the US market access environment.
- Set and secure all associated budgets (HC and outside dollars), monitor, and manage.
- Lead and manage team to deliver above in a positive and engaging work environment. Help develop personnel, teams and processes to support the company values and culture and operations.
Required Education, Knowledge, and Skills
- BS/BA with 15 or more years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience, including leadership roles in domains such as pricing, contracting, channel management, product value proposition and market access marketing, payer management, hub and specialty pharmacy and patient support services and global market access.
- MBA preferred.
- Good understanding of all associated relevant legal, compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Prior experience and success in strategy roles (including complex, multi-year initiatives), operations roles and customer-facing roles preferred.
- Experience in high value products and specialty care drugs required; sleep and/or oncology/hematology disease experience strongly preferred.
- Good understanding of US market access environment and decision makers. Product launch experience in market access preferred.
- Reimbursement hub experience and success working across vendor partnerships preferred. Knowledge of central pharmacy a plus.
- Strong leadership abilities to develop and lead high performing teams and individuals.
- Strong collaboration and leadership skills to influence internal and other decision-makers.
- Strong communications skills. Capable of engaging our company senior executive management and other audiences.
- Prior budget development and control experience.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor s Degree in a related field. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Channel, Payer, Practice and other customers
- Third-party vendors
- BU, sales and marketing leaders
- Commercial Operations and other home office business partners (Finance, HR, Legal, etc.)
- Medical Affairs/HEOR
- Corporate Development and New Product Planning
- Corporate and Government Affairs
- ED of Pricing, Contracting and Reimbursement Strategy
- VP of Channel Management and Contract Operations
- ED of MA Marketing and Payer Management
- ED of Patient and Reimbursement Support
- SD of MA Operations Analytics
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
- Moderate travel required, including to both US home offices.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of normal work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Find a Job Find Candidates