Perrigo Company plc is a leading global healthcare supplier that develops, manufactures and distributes over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription (Rx) pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, and active pharmaceutical ingredients (API). The company is the world's largest manufacturer of OTC pharmaceutical products for the store brand market and an industry leader in pharmaceutical technologies.
Perrigo is excited that our Tax Department is under new leadership with the hiring of a new VP of Global Tax Hendrik Bogers and we are looking to add a Vice President/Sr Director Tax Americas based in Allegan MI to lead our tax function in North and South America. Reporting to the VP of Global Tax the role will lead the Americas tax function, including supporting senior management in tax planning, tax financial reporting, interaction with third-party service providers, compliance and controversy audits, and M&A. The role is a key position in supporting the VP Global TAX in developing and executing the strategic direction of critical investments in organizational design, incentive design and work processes to facilitate optimal utilization of the Company’s corporate structures. The position is also key in developing a world class tax function that is fit for purpose given the increased internationalization of Perrigo and increasing challenging external tax environment.
- Very strong U.S. tax experience – 15+ years with the majority of time spent in a large corporate environment that has a global presence
- Significant exposure to international tax work
- Proven ability to develop U.S. tax strategy
- Experience with team coaching, development, and thought leadership within a tax department
- Demonstrable capability in building and managing strong stake holder relationships both internally and externally
- Adept at selecting and managing highly qualified outside partners
- Ability to lead through influence
- Possess the skills to successfully resolve any audits and litigations that involve the tax group
- Demonstrable experience in right sizing the resource requirements of a tax group in the context of a mid/large sized multinational company