This job is currently Archived,
VP Medical & Science Biopharm in Global Development - Denmark
Novo Nordisk (company)
Posted on : 27 March 2017
Are you inspired by the development of novel products, senior management attention and the chance to drive performance of Biopharm R&D within our company through the outcome of clinical development programmes? Then we have an exciting opportunity for the clinical expert with solid people and stakeholder management skills.
About the department
- Biopharm is part of Global Development, driving the portfolio strategy for haemophilia and growth disorders ensuring project and portfolio progress in close collaboration with line functions while always focusing on patient needs and safety.
- Our mission is to develop innovative biopharmaceuticals in partnership with communities of patients and caregivers to improve the quality of life for people with rare disorders.
- As Vice President you will report to the Head of Biopharm Global Development and be responsible for providing leadership and direction to the Biopharm Medical & Science area, including management and development of a cross functional, international team of medical professionals.
- As part of the Biopharm Global Development management team, you will contribute significantly to clinical development for all projects within the haemophilia and growth disorders portfolio, to the clinical development strategy and to generating high-level clinical documents for submission of new drug applications worldwide.
- Performance with high medical, scientific and social standards is a necessity for consolidating the Medical and Science function as the central function in drug development within haemophilia and growth hormone disorders.
- We expect you to continuously establish and maintain professional and social relations in order to ensure optimal working conditions for the team and to establish our company as a preferred partner for world class academic and commercial partners.
- You are a Physician, MD, with Clinical Research experience, preferably in haematology, internal medicine or a closely allied specialty.
- Board certification in haematology is desirable, as is a strong science background as documented by a Ph.D. or equivalent.
- You have a strong track record with strategic planning aspects of clinical development within the pharmaceutical industry and documented experience with research projects covering basic science to clinical research.
- You have 5-10 years of experience with people management and solid leadership and coaching skills.
- You have a positive personality, constructive team approach and willingness to manage a diverse group of medical doctors working across various projects.
- Strategic understanding for drug development in the global regulatory arena and business insight within the pharmaceutical industry will be considered an advantage.
- Due to the high degree of interaction with external key opinion leaders, commercial partners and health care authorities, we expect you to be a strong communicator, have highly developed social skills and high professional standards.
Working with Us:
- We use our skills, dedication and ambition to help people with diabetes.
- We offer the chance to be part of a truly global work place, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development.