VP, Investor Relations and External Relations - United States, United Kingdom, Switzerland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Reporting to the Chief Business Officer this person will have primary responsibility for investor related matters (existing and potential shareholders, research analysts and the media).
- The successful hire with participate in the development of the company’s strategic direction and lead the execution within the function.
- Additionally, s/he will work closely with senior management in the development of communications strategy in support of communicating the company’s business and scientific objectives to the investment community and other audiences.
- This person will develop and refine corporate messaging and execute effective communications strategies to important stakeholders (e.g., investors, media, industry, clinicians, patients, patient advocacy groups, employees, etc.). This individual will be a key member of the team responsible for increasing shareholder value.
- This position can be based in either Boston or New York.
- Develop and support investor strategy including fund-raising, shareholder mix and other aspects
- Lead and manage relationships with buy-side investors and manage road shows, investor meetings and other investor interactions
- Develop new and enhance existing relationships with sell-side analysts to promote positive sell-side coverage
- Lead the company’s effort to prominently participate in investment conferences and other relevant forums
- Support Finance and Legal in developing finance-related investor communications and filings (e.g. quarterly earnings calls, 10-K etc.)
- Collaborate with external investor relations agency to monitor analyst coverage and investment research on the company and competitors, as well as the broader industry
- Develop the company’s overall external communications strategy and framework
- Serve as primary person to handle incoming inquiries from the media and investors
- Collaborate with external public relations agency to build relationships and raise awareness and interest in our company through positive media coverage
- Consistently produce best-in-class external communications materials (slide decks, etc.) for significant external corporate announcements
- Support the Company’s corporate communications via the website, social media channels, etc.
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Advanced degree – PhD in a scientific discipline, M.D. or other advanced degree
- 15 years of life sciences industry or agency experience or 5 years of experience as investment banker, sell-side analyst or buy-side investor
- Investor & Public Relations or related experience
- Solid understanding of financial markets, including equity research or buy-side (within healthcare or biotech/pharma focused fund)
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills
- Exceptional oral and written communications and presentation skills
- Past experience working at both the strategic and tactical level
- Demonstrated team player with a strong work ethic
- Takes initiative and has ability to effectively navigate ambiguity and manage diverse stakeholder groups
- Resourceful, flexible and committed to excellence
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- PhD in a scientific discipline and 17+ years of life sciences industry experience
- 12+ years of Investor & Public Relations experience
- MBA and/or Finance experience a plus
- Prior IR/PR agency experience a plus
- Strong understanding of biotech industry and relevant regulations
- Business Knowledge – Understands the overall industry and internal processes that produce business results.
- Communication and Teamwork – The ability to effectively express ideas in written and oral context.
- The ability to work cooperatively with others; the genuine desire to be a part of a team and contribute to organizational and team goals.
- Listening – Practices active, patient listening. Has the ability to restate and consider a differing view, even when not in agreement.
- Customer Focus – The desire to understand and anticipate internal/external customer needs and take action to meet or exceed these needs
- Strategic Thinking – The ability to develop strategies and goals that recognize scientific/business issues, opportunities, and environment.
- Integrity and Trust – Acts ethically and gains the trust and respect of others.
- Job Knowledge – Achieves and maintains technical and professional proficiency related to current job position and areas of expertise.
- Presentation Skills – Effective at giving both internal and external presentations in a variety of settings (one-on-one, group, peers, direct reports and bosses). Commands attention.
- Problem Solving – The ability to understand a situation, task or problem by breaking it down into smaller pieces using a systematic approach and to identify patterns and connections between situations that are not obviously related.
- Creativity/Innovation - creating a boundary-less environment that fosters curiosity and taking risks, openness to new approaches, diversity of new thought, blank page creativity and opportunistic thinking.