VP, Corporate Internal Audit - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Our company is looking for a VP, Corporate Internal Audit.
What you'll be doing:
The VP, Corporate Internal Audit leads and sets the direction for the Audit functions for the company, conducts audits for management to assess effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records, and efficiency of operations by performing the following duties:
- Perform global risk assessment annually to identify areas for audit focus.
- Prepare annual internal audit plans, in conjunction with external auditors (ICOFR) and Compliance (FCPA), among others.
- Audit records of departments and interviews employees to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with applicable laws and regulations and management policies and procedures.
- Inspect IT accounting related systems to determine their effectiveness and protective value.
- Analyze audit results for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud, or lack of compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies or procedures.
- Prepare and submit audit findings and make recommendations to management.
- Monitor management’s responses to audit findings.
- Conduct special studies for management such as those required to discover mechanics of detected fraud and to develop controls for fraud prevention.
- Hire, supervise, review and train global staff of 8 to 10 business process and IT auditors.
- Hire and supervise IA consultants, as needed.
- Interact routinely with the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, and senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 12+ years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience performing risk-focused audit services and assessments.
- Experience synthesizing complex or diverse information, collecting and researching data, and designing work flows and procedures.
- Knowledge of a global company’s operations.
- Excellent analytical, project management, and problem solving abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced understanding of regulatory and compliance issues (e.g. SEC, FASB, PCAOB, FCPA, Sunshine)
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
- Opportunities for growth and training
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company
- Great work environment
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.