Voice Services Solution Engineer, Global Network Services - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Across the globe, our company employees work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
- More than a century later, we are passionate about building on this precedent in our continued pursuit to make life better for individuals, communities, and the world around us.
- Our heritage and our values are the foundation of our promise to unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world.
We make medicines that help people live longer, healthier, more active lives.
Integrity, excellence, respect for people.
We will make a significant contribution to humanity by improving global health in the 21st century.
- This position can be based from company's offices.
- The Unified Communications team, within the Collaboration Services organization, is responsible for the voice, video, and virtual meeting services across the company.
- The Voice Solution Engineer role within the Unified Communications (UC) team will assume direct accountability for supporting the technical aspects of solution delivery activities related to voice technologies. The role acts a technical liaison between our company and its technology partners/service providers to help ensure voice infrastructure is delivered and supported in a way that is aligned to business needs. The role primarily supports the delivery of new capabilities and projects; however, the technical expertise of the role holder will also be used to help ensure operational reliability.
- This position will report to the UC Manager, Collaboration Services.
- Serves as a technical leader representing the UC team, often partnering with external technology and service providers to design and implement voice capabilities.
- Provides an interface between company and external technology and service providers to articulate business requirements and identify technical solutions.
- Ensures service provider’s proposed solutions meet company's architectural requirements and business needs – assesses technical design proposals and provides design authority on behalf of our company.
- Works as the primary technical resource with internal business partners and service providers to resolve key technical issues related to voice services.
- Supports company and vendor Project Managers by providing technical expertise on projects.
- Is involved in the resolution of high severity incidents, including root cause analysis.
- Helps ensure service improvements are identified and applied broadly and consistently across the service in all geographies.
- Reviews and provides input to complex technical changes.
- Is involved in Service Management processes such as Capacity Planning – provides inputs, review outputs and approves recommendations to Service Owners.
- Participates in service planning activities by providing input and expertise to help ensure voice services and capabilities continue to evolve and meet business needs.
Education and Experience
- Comprehensive knowledge and strong demonstrated technical skills in voice solutions – including requirements definition, design and implementation of voice services.
- Experience with implementing and demonstrated strong technical skills in voice systems and capabilities - including Cisco IP based Call Processing systems, Skype Enterprise Voice, TDM PBXs, Call Centers, Unified Messaging, PSTN connectivity, Toll free services, Transmission protocols, etc.Knowledge of Microsoft Unified Communications capabilities is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical know-how to design and deliver complex projects.
- Experience translating complex, sometimes ambiguous business requirements into technical solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and communicate with technology and service providers.
- Solid interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Demonstrated high level of intellectual curiosity, external perspective and innovation interest.
- Problem determination (experience in root cause analysis) and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to accomplish results through others, particularly by establishing relationships.
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms.
- Knowledge of business environments.