VMF Production Associate Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The VMF (Vaccine Manufacturing Facility) Associate Technician is an excellent entry level opportunity for recent university graduates as well as experienced individuals that are interested in working in the production and manufacturing operations to produce vaccines. The individual in this position will support the manufacturing process through hands on activities. Key responsibilities for the Associate Technician include aseptic practice and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) adherence, working in a team environment to accomplish departmental goals, as well as the ability to direct your own work through leadership.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Working in conjunction with all appropriate personnel, performs manual and automated operations, general maintenance and support functions necessary for the production of vaccines.
• Provides all documentation and clerical functions necessary to allow proper accountability and traceability of product.
• Maintains, inventories, and transports all required equipment, materials, supplies and products. Ensures shipment criteria and timely availability and delivery.
• Performs general maintenance and assists in troubleshooting of equipment.
• Performs housekeeping in all work areas. Executes facility decontamination according to approved procedures.
• Completes sampling/in-process testing supporting the manufacturing and validation process for current process as well as developmental work for new products/processes as required.
• Identifies and addresses compliance, environmental, safety, and process deviations as appropriate while notifying appropriate personnel.
• Maintains, cleans and prepares equipment used in vaccine production.
• Schedules and performs environmental monitoring during processing and records results in the computerized database system.
• Provides timely delivery of sample and other materials as required to appropriate laboratories, coordinating with Quality and Logistics as required.
• Attends and actively participates in HAZOPS, waste walkthroughs, 5S, kaizen events, or any other operations, lean six-sigma, quality, safety or environmental training/initiatives as required.
• Serves on safety, quality and other committees as required.
Education Minimum Requirement:
Required: A minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent is required for this position.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Life Science or Engineering or an Associate’s degree in Life Science or Engineering with at least 2 years relevant experience or BioWorks Certificate (working in an FDA regulated industry).
Required Experience and Skills:
Position requires aseptic gowning during performance of job duties. Aseptic gowning requires that all skin and hair are covered through wearing the following: beard/moustache cover, hair net, hood and facemask, goggles, jumpsuit, gloves and boots.
•Must be willing and able to lift 50 lbs.
• Must be willing to be vaccinated/blood tested for titer for products. manufactured within the facility if needed.
Must be willing to work various shifts.
Preferred Experience and Skills
At least six months pharmaceutical production experience.
• Experience utilizing SAP in a manufacturing setting.
Demonstrated use of Electronic Batch Records.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Production / Operator
Job Title:Assoc. Tech, Operations
Primary Location: NA-US-NC-Durham
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 4
Shift (if applicable): 2nd
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Durham
Nearest Secondary Market: Raleigh
Job Segment: Housekeeping, Industrial, Engineer, ERP, Healthcare, Hospitality, Manufacturing, Engineering, Technology