This job is currently Archived,
Vivarium Support Associate Ashburn United States,
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 14 May 2017
- Apply your knowledge and experience in the animal science environment as you take your career to the next level!
- This is your opportunity to join our dedicated team of research technicians supporting top neuroscience researchers from around the globe at one of the nation s premiere research facilities.
Your primary role will be to provide cagewash services in support of the research vivarium:
- Operate Equipment in the Cagewash Facility; including a Rack Washer, Robotic Index Washer and Autoclave, according to safety guidelines; perform general housekeeping and adhere to safety procedures.
- Perform user level maintenance on equipment.
- Sanitize, maintain, and repair caging materials as needed.
- Maintain Cagewash facilities in a clean and organized manner, in adherence with all SOP and facility requirements.
- Perform quality control measures on the equipment and maintain appropriate logs for the information.
- Monitor daily operation of Cagewash equipment, including proper function, and maintenance.
- Report any equipment malfunction(s) to the Vivarium Supervisor.
- Clean and sanitize animal rooms and support areas.
- Maintain and record appropriate data for all duties completed.
- Assist in support areas as assigned by the Supervisor. May assist in changing cages and housing animals in Quarantine.
- Assist with the receipt, stocking, and maintenance of supply inventories.
- Prepare and submit required written records, charts, logs and inventories.
- Actively interact with customers as required to resolve customer requests, inquiries, and complaints and to provide technical assistance.
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
Experience: Some experience preferred but not required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet
Find a Job Find Candidates