This job is currently Archived,
Vivarium Support Associate - United States
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 14 May 2017
- Apply your knowledge and experience in the animal science environment as you take your career to the next level!
- This is your opportunity to join our dedicated team of research technicians supporting top neuroscience researchers from around the globe at one of the nation’s premiere research facilities.
Your primary role will be to provide cagewash services in support of the research vivarium:
- Operate Equipment in the Cagewash Facility; including a Rack Washer, Robotic Index Washer and Autoclave, according to safety guidelines; perform general housekeeping and adhere to safety procedures.
- Perform user level maintenance on equipment.
- Sanitize, maintain, and repair caging materials as needed.
- Maintain Cagewash facilities in a clean and organized manner, in adherence with all SOP and facility requirements.
- Perform quality control measures on the equipment and maintain appropriate logs for the information.
- Monitor daily operation of Cagewash equipment, including proper function, and maintenance.
- Report any equipment malfunction(s) to the Vivarium Supervisor.
- Clean and sanitize animal rooms and support areas.
- Maintain and record appropriate data for all duties completed.
- Assist in support areas as assigned by the Supervisor. May assist in changing cages and housing animals in Quarantine.
- Assist with the receipt, stocking, and maintenance of supply inventories.
- Prepare and submit required written records, charts, logs and inventories.
- Actively interact with customers as required to resolve customer requests, inquiries, and complaints and to provide technical assistance.
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
Experience: Some experience preferred but not required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet