Virology Technician I - United States
Charles River (company)
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 11,000 employees within 70 facilities in 18 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2016, revenue increased by 23.3% to $1.68 billion from $1.36 billion in 2015.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~70% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2016.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
We are seeking an experienced Virology Technician I for our Biologics Testing Solutions site located in Malvern.
Summary of Position:
Perform routine laboratory tasks related to Virology, such as:
- Execute hemadsorption and hemagglutination methods
- Perform direct and indirect immunofluorescent slide staining
- Perform in-vitro adventitious agents assays (Tissue Culture Safety Tests)
- Perform plaque assays, TCID50 and FAID50 concentration methods
- Work with and passage cell cultures
- Practice proper aseptic and sterile processes
- Perform calibration, monitoring and cleaning of laboratory and lab equipment when deemed necessary by department management
- Maintain inventory of necessary supplies by ordering and / or preparing reagents, media and solutions
- Assist with method qualifications and validations as required
- Maintain a safe working environment by adhering to company policies and procedures
The following are minimum requirements related to the Virology Technician I position.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. / B.S.) or equivalent in Biology or related discipline.
- Experience: 0-1 years related experience in industry, area or discipline. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed herein.
- Certification / Licensure: None
- Other: Knowledge of cGMP and/or regulatory affairs pertaining to the pharmaceutical and biological industries is preferred. Excellent communication and organizational skills. Must be able to perform basic math functions. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a small group or one on one setting. Basic Microsoft Office skills are a plus.
About Biologics Testing Solutions
With more than 50 years of experience and proven regulatory expertise, the Charles River Biologics group can address challenging projects for biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Offering a variety of services such as contamination and impurity testing, protein characterization, bioassays, viral clearance studies and stability and lot release programs, we support clients throughout the biologic development cycle, from the establishment and characterization of cell banks through preclinical and clinical studies to marketed products. Whether clients need stand-alone services, a unique package of testing, or insourced support, our Biologics group can create a custom solution to suit their needs. Each year more than 20,000 biologic testing reports are sent each and over 200 licenses products are supported by our biologics testing solutions team.
Who May Apply
The policy of Charles River Laboratories is to provide advancement opportunities to all qualified employees within the company through transfers or promotions.
Regular Full and Part Time employees may apply for a Job Posting if they meet the eligibility requirements set forth in the Internal Job Posting policy.
Regular Full and Part Time Employees must complete at least six months of continuous active service in their position prior to applying.
Regular Full and Part Time Employees are eligible to participate in the Job Posting Process if their current overall performance appraisal rating is equivalent to "satisfactory" or better.
Regular Full and Part Time Employees cannot be in any stage of a disciplinary action.
Regular Full and Part Time Employees on leave of absence are not eligible to apply.
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet