Viral Safety (associate) Specialist - Netherlands
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Center of Expertise-Viral Safety
- The Adventitious Agent CoE is a growing functional unit serving global bio manufacturing at our company.
- The CoE creates control strategies, drives harmonization, sets standards and determines best practices to overcome the risks for adventitious viral agent contamination.
- The CoE is also responsible for implementing new rapid molecular based techniques to become a global service test laboratory.
- To be a global leader, stakeholder alignment with R&D, process development departments and operational departments is required.
- Furthermore, collaboration with other pharma companies and authorities are included to maintain subject matter expertise in the field of viral safety of our biological products.
- As team member of the Center of Expertise (CoE) for control of adventitious viral agents you will be responsible for setting up new approaches that mitigate risks.
- You will need to understand best practices of current biological products produced at manufacturing sites worldwide.
- You will stay connected to our R&D departments to align control strategies throughout the products life cycle management.
- You will need to understand international guidance and be aligned with the pharmaceutical and authorities best practice regarding control of viral safety.
- Therefore, you will participate in international Pharma working groups and conferences.
- Based on a Quality Risk Management strategy you will combine the information into new approaches for products and global quality guidelines.
- Analytical test development and testing is a responsibility of the CoE.
- Therefore, you are expected to provide strategic directions for state of the art detection methods.
- You will include your virological expertise throughout all steps in the risk mitigation approaches.
- A master degree in life sciences and specialized in virology
- Work experience of at least 3 years in an industrial environment, preferable in pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrable experience with analytical testing of biopharmaceutical products, preferable molecular testing
- Demonstrable experience with GMP or other quality system regulations
- Accurate, quality- and service-minded
- Teamplayer, independent, flexible and a pro-active attitude
- Outstanding command of the English language (in writing and speaking). Preference for Dutch speaking skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel on a regular base internationally (15%)
- Based in the Netherlands
A good place to work
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Biotech, Operations Manager, Safety, Scientific, Science, Operations, Service, Engineering