Vigilance Specialist Medical Devices - Belgium
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Investigates and develops solutions to procedure and process related issues.
- Reviews complaint documentation and obtains adequate information to ensure proper entry and validation of complaints.
- Ensures all applicable MDV regulatory reporting decisions, as required.
- Ensures all MDV regulatory reports are completed and reported according to regulatory requirements.
- Possesses understanding of European medical devices vigilance regulations and keeps abreast of changes in the regulatory environment
- Possesses thorough understanding of complaint database.
- Develops, prepares and analyzes reports for complaints, as required.
- Requires in-depth understanding of EP procedures and Biosense Webster devices.
- Requires fundamental understanding of basic principles, theories, concepts and techniques related to customer complaints.
- May receive technical guidance on complex problems, but independently determines and develops approaches and solutions.
- Shares technical expertise with others and helps develop junior level analyst.
- Participate on project teams to improve department processes. May lead project teams.
- Conduct audit of complaint files and communicate results to appropriate individuals.
- Facilitate follow-ups with International Technical Services, US complaints team, EMEA Clinical team, responsible manufacturers and Regulatory as needed.
- Provide leadership that may include training, mentorship, and supervisory responsibilities as required.
- Function as primary contact for Affiliates by resolving issues, providing reports, training and other requests as needed.
- Issue and reviews requirements for database releases
- Assist in the execution and distribution of standard ad hoc reports.
- Sends closing letters
- Alert appropriate individuals when specific events or deviations in data are detected.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with any professional requirements as well as those found in applicable policies and procedures and the Credo.
- Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level
- Responsible for ensuring subordinates follow all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition
- Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all National and Company regulations, policies, and procedures
- Performs other duties assigned as needed
EXTERNAL AND INTERNAL INTERACTIONS
- BS/BA degree in business or science with 1 to 3 years experience within a regulated medical device/clinical environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- English proficiency oral and written, must have adequate computer skills to evaluate trending data, complete regulatory reports, and provide written correspondence to internal and external customers including regulatory bodies as appropriate; including:
- Communication – written & verbal in a clear, concise & effective manner.
- Interpersonal skills – interact with all levels, personalities, cultures & disciplines of organization to produce required results.
- Investigative & analytical – to establish possible options for action.
- Results oriented – in a fast paced environment.
- Leadership skills.
- Customer focus.
ADDITIONAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset.
- We take your career seriously. As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
- Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
- Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.