Video Sales Associate ( New York/NJ Metro) - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. (KSEA), is an affiliate of KARL STORZ GmbH & Co. KG, an international leader for more than 70 years in reusable endoscope technology, encompassing all endoscopic specialties. Based in Tuttlingen, Germany, KARL STORZ GmbH & Co. KG is a family-owned company that designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on visionary design, precision craftsmanship and clinical effectiveness.
Headquartered in El Segundo, California, KSEA is responsible for all U.S. distribution of endoscopes, instruments, imaging systems, electromechanical devices and OR1® integration technologies.
The Video Sales Associate is an entry level sales position with KARL STORZ Endoscopy. This position reports to the Region Manager with a dotted line to the local market team (1-3 Account Executives). This position takes direction from the Region Manager and/or the local market team as to daily activities and priorities. The Video Sales Associate is accountable for sales and service for all KSEA video products within the New York/New Jersey metro area.
- Aggressively sell all KSEA products for the "Surgical" specialties (Laparoscopy, Gastroenterology, Arthroscopy, and CV/Thoracoscopy) and "Project Business" specialties (Video Imaging and Spec-W (AIDA-SCB)) to every hospital account, and, where appropriate, to surgery centers, clinics, and physician offices.
- Maintain and grow market share of all designated product specialties.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with nurses, physicians, materials management, and administrative personnel in every account.
- Adjust customer complaints in a timely manner and in accordance with established company policy.
- Promptly advise management of any situation beyond his/her scope of authority.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with key accounts and key physicians, which are essential to the company's future.
- Provide dependable service after sale to ensure customer satisfaction and long term reliability of all KSEA products purchased.
- Be capable of effective presentation of product features, benefits, and procedural application. Aggressively pursue new customers.
- Aggressively support all promotional activities initiated by KSEA that are related to designated product specialties and product focuses.
- Responsible for the achievement of assigned annual quota.
- Prepare and maintain an annual working sales plan to include analysis and forecasting specifying activities/efforts that contribute to company goals/quota attainment.
- Assist in the field training of another salesperson, as requested. Maintain sales samples in the best possible working condition; through cleaning and polishing, provide them with a "like new" appearance.
- Accountability for all samples provided by KSEA; when, and as often as possible, turn over samples through sales to customers.
- Be alert to all competitive products - design, pricing, promotions - and keep management informed in a timely manner. When appropriate, recommend the addition of new products and/or modification or new application of existing products to management.
- Comply with all company policies, instructions, and directives for the fulfillment of company objectives.
- Submit complete and informative meeting/convention reports, as requested by manager or executive, in a timely manner.
- Complete and submit expense reports in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy.
- Maintain up-to-date customer records and any other records, as required, by company policy/instruction. Submit any special reports related to the operation of the territory, as required.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs and conventions, as directed.
- Maintain an awareness of likely candidates for the Sales Force and call any such individual(s) to the attention of the Region Manager.
- 100% travel required
- A minimum education level of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent 2 to 4 years of experience.
- Possess exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Competency in Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
This position requires daily driving to geographically dispersed accounts. If the candidate intends to drive a privately-owned vehicle, candidates:
- Must have a valid driver’s license in the state where the vehicle will be operated or in the state of residence
- Own/Lease a car with insurance coverage per company policy.
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ policies and procedures
KSEA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, KSEA complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.