Vice President (m/f) Renal Care Delivery, Asia Pacific - Germany
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 13 May 2017
- As Renal Care Delivery (RCD) is a low margin business, managing cost and efficiency is and will be utmost important.
- This role is responsible to drive the RCD business in APAC. He/She supports and grows the business via country Renal Care Delivery team via effective leadership of all aspects of operations, including patient services, quality of care and RCD business performance management.
- Maintains profitability and growth, while adhering to the FMC Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMC policy requirements.
- Responsible for strategically driving the Renal Care Delivery business in Asia Pacific (AP) to achieve and surpass business goals and objectives.
- Secure efficient and cost-effective business operations to maintain financial sustainability and adequate profitability.
- Responsible for the development of strategic plans to meet strategic growth and operational objectives based on in-depth analysis of the company, competitive environment, technology as well as economic and social imperatives. Ensures long-term competitive positioning of the business and guidance to Sub Region/Countries.
- Support the countries in recruitment and development of Clinic Operational Managers (Responsible person to run the clinics)
- Ensure standardization and optimization of the Renal Care Delivery Activities/Processes across AP by giving guidance to Country MD's and country Head of Renal Care Delivery Business.
- Participate in P&L review, ensure overall cost - effectiveness. Measured by overall AP Renal Care Delivery Business P&L
- Work with the Finance Department in modeling and assessing the financial implications of strategic plans for business expansion. Oversees financial and operational assessments of potential opportunities to ensure all key aspects are carefully considered and vetted as part of evaluation process.
- Ensure “cross fertilization” among company regions through knowledge sharing and best practice exchange. Collaborate with peers in NA, LA and EMEA to learn about best practice which might be beneficial for AP.
- Develop metrics and milestones to measure the successful implementation of the Strategic Plans and routinely report and communicate on progress.
- Collaborate with the management team in region and country to develop plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel - and its implementation.
- Ensure all FMC APAC Renal Care Delivery business policies, procedures and systems are communicated to and adhered to by the appropriate personnel, including compliance with ethical business practices. Maintain working knowledge and ensures compliance with all local, state and national, reimbursement practices, including government and commercial payers.
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all relevant internal and external processes. Provide timely, accurate and complete reports.
- Investigate and work in collaboration with procurement to work out the cost benefit of the introduction of Renal Care Kits. If yes, coordinate the implementation in conjunction with local management
- Monitor and support the delivery of agreed clinical quality and operational excellence in accordance to the standards developed and agreed with by the Regional Medical function / Medical Affairs.
- Develop and monitor operational efficiency KPIs in all countries and provide proposals to improve systems for effectiveness and efficiency. This includes but is not limited to electronic patient records, BSC and risk management systems.
- Work with Medical Affairs to develop risk mitigation and quality improvement plans.
- Lead the organization to external accreditation by a recognized accreditation body. Subject to local situation/reimbursement price.
- Explore and coordinate the implementation of new business opportunities in the CKD, ESRD and related disease areas and develop operational models.
- Direct and oversee the broad activities of the business unit(s) through the interpretation, application and implementation of company-wide policies and procedures relevant to the assigned functional area(s).
- Interact with all levels of the organization. Regularly interacts with top FMC APAC executives.
- Serve as a representative of the organization to external customers. Regularly interact with senior level executives at external organizations.
- Interactions frequently involve highly visible activities which may include speaking to or negotiating with customers, influencing other executives and/or academics, lobbying regulators or policy makers and representing the organization on matters of great significance.
- Assist with various projects and duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in Healthcare industry and/or experience in management of a low margin business.
- Work experience in business consulting and /or project management would be beneficial.
- 10+ years’ external experience in a senior management level role.
- Strong business acumen, MBA or equivalent will be a plus.
- Good analytical skills.
- Strategic mindset with can do attitude, ability to connect with ground level staff.
- Demonstrated experience managing one or more country or functions.
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and productive teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to take abstract or complicated concepts and communicate them in a simple, clear, and compelling manner.
- Ability to deliver results working with individuals of all levels within a matrix organization.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities