|Stay connected to a career that will take you all the places you want to go. What makes us different? For starters, we are Canada’s strongest hearing aid retailer, with a large network of registered Audiologists and Hearing Instrument Practitioners. We have well over a hundred and twenty locations from coast to coast and a variety of positions and Connect Hearing is one of the strongest brands in the Sonova Group, the leading manufacturer of innovative hearing care solutions. We take pride in our staff and work one on one with you to ensure your success and happiness with the company. Come see why we have been voted as one of Canada’s only Top Employers in the hearing health care field!|
|Connect Hearing / Canada / Victoria|
|Vice President Finance|
|Working as a member of the Executive Committee and the Management Team, this position is responsible for the full business control cycle, including budgeting, regular and ad hoc (financial) reporting and business performance reviews and forecasts for future business growth and general economic outlook. In addition, the assurance of Internal Control standards and participation in local/global projects are integral part of this role. |
As a daily sparring partner this position reports directly to the Managing Director of Connect Hearing Canada. Functionally, this position reports and works closely together with the centralized Retail Business Controlling team in Zug, Switzerland and the Sonova Corporate Controlling team in Stäfa, Switzerland.
| Leadership: |
• Support and foster strong relations with Senior Management, across the company and throughout the industry.
• Develop goals and objectives that integrate teams across multiple functions and processes.
• Establish framework for relationships within the context of the corporate structure, nationally and globally.
• Direct the preparation of all financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, reports to shareholders, tax returns, and reports for government regulatory agencies.
• Participates in the creation of the strategic business plan in conjunction with the Executive Team.
• Oversees accounting department, budget preparation, and audit functions.
• Meets regularly with department heads to keep informed and offer direction.
• Reviews reports to analyze projections of sales and profit against actual figures, budgeted expenses against final totals, and suggests methods of improving the planning process as appropriate.
• Analyzes company operations to pinpoint opportunities and areas that need to be reorganized, downsized or eliminated.
• Confers with MD, Executive Committee and stakeholders to coordinate and prioritize planning.
• Manages relationships with local banks and Sonova cash pool
• Established internal controls to safeguard company’s assets ensure accuracy of financial information.
• Drive strategy and execution of Industrial Department
• Manage resource allocation decisions to support strategic direction of organization.
• Conduct annual performance review for each direct report, communicating any problem areas to the MD.
• Ensure employees are being developed and succession plans are in place.
• Drive strategy and execution of all new openings
• Drive strategy and execution of all acquisitions, including due diligence, transactional work and integrations
• Work with Managing Director and Executive Team on all new partnerships
| Qualifications: |
• Eight to ten years of experience in financial management, preferably in Retail setting University Degree in Finance or equivalent in work experience.
• CPA designation preferred
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Experience with Microsoft Navision and/or IBM COGNOS Controller are considered as an asset
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Ability to lead and manage staff.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative business relationships.
• Ability to demonstrate leadership and inspire confidence.
• High level of entrepreneurial spirit.
• Ability to work as a team player, have fun and possess a keen interest in being part of a growing business striving to become the best in its field.
• Must be willing to travel and have valid Class 5 Drivers License.
• Entrepreneurial Drive and strong work ethic, with attention to detail.
• High degree of autonomy, combining strong analytics with a pragmatic attitude;
• Comfortable in working with data and performing data analysis
• Strategic planning and thinking, skilled at creating action plans.
• Customer Service Orientation, caring and compassionate nature.
• Presentation Skills, using multi-media, good in front of groups.
• Negotiation Skills, using tactics of win-win and building strong strategic relationships for the long term.
• Leadership Skills, the ability to take the lead but also be a strong team player.
• Management Skills, understanding of business processes, able to organize self and own time.
• Team Building Skills, strong interpersonal communication, good at follow through with others, fun loving and social personality.
• Communications Skills, good at listening, strong writer, salesmanship.
|Our award-winning organization offers a rewarding work environment bolstered by the strength and support of our global Sonova partnership. A unique and attractive competitive total compensation package rewards you now, and in the future, with an attractive base salary; our proprietary performance rewards program; a comprehensive benefit plan and unparalleled support network.|
|Connect Hearing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.|
|Connect Hearing Canada |
301-1007 Langley St., Victoria, BC