This job is currently Archived,
Vendor Contract Lead, Clinical Procurement Cambridge United States,
Posted on : 04 July 2017
- The Vendor Contract Lead (VCL) role provides strategic vendor category leadership within the Clinical Services Procurement (CSP) team. The VCL collaborates with the Strategic Sourcing Category Lead during the vendor selection process to ensure Master Agreement terms can be operationalized within CSP.
- The VCL ensures a best in class approach with regard to vendor outsourcing and contracting for their vendor categories.
- This includes leading the development, implementation & execution of a vendor outsourcing strategy within their category.
- Responsible for representing CSP in governance forums, as needed.
Contract Delivery and Governance
- Has overall accountability for the completion of all clinical vendor SOWs and purchase requisitions in accordance with company financial/legal controls and MSA terms (if applicable), ensuring alignment with study timelines to meet business demand
- Independently leads and completes key High Value/Low Volume SOWs and purchase requisitions etc. and streamline processes to eliminate non-value added work
- May utilize VCMs to manage volume of work as necessary
- Channels business to preferred vendors / MSAs; manages exceptions
- Lead the implementation & execution of vendor outsourcing strategy within category:
- Create & implement category contracting governance, processes, tools & templates to limit/eliminate contract exceptions & change orders
- Provides forecasts to vendors and verifies they have capacity to meet demand; manages exceptions
- Develops market expertise in the assigned category
- Representation in Governance Forum for Vendor Category (if needed)
- Sourcing Support: Above and Below the Purchasing Policy Threshold:
- With input from strategic sourcing and business stakeholders, lead/oversee sourcing & negotiate Master Service Agreements & Service Level Agreements for services below the purchasing policy threshold & not covered by a sourcing strategy/preferred vendor
- Participates in strategic sourcing projects as clinical services procurement SME
- Lead/participate in the creation and maintenance of department processes, tools and templates
- Lead/participate in department and/or GCO/R&D initiatives that have direct impact to role
- Minimum of 8+ years experience in clinical vendor management/clinical outsourcing within the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
- Extensive experience in vendor contract negotiation and execution across SRC and Phase I-IV trials.
- Strong knowledge and experience of clinical vendor strategy, contracting and financial processes; experience with procure to pay systems (e.g. Oracle, MarkView,
- Knowledge of the clinical development process (Pharma R&D and Clinical) with a clear understanding of operational and quality (GCP) aspects
- Strong financial negotiation skills
- Excellent people and customer service skills demonstrating an ability to work as a team player within matrix teams, interacting with all levels of staff, both within and external to the company to establish good partnerships/alliances
- Bachelor s Degree required
- MBA or other related business experience is a plus (business acumen - translating operations into business benefit)
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer s disease, Parkinson s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer s disease, Parkinson s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Biotech, Procurement, Oracle, Pharmaceutical, Database, Science, Operations, Technology
Cambridge MA US
Find a Job Find Candidates