Vehicle Development Support Technician - United Kingdom
- Our company is a global provider of pioneering engineering, research and test services to the automotive, defense, aerospace and rail sectors. We work in close collaboration with vehicle manufacturers and suppliers around the world, providing comprehensive support ranging from individual product tests to turnkey engineering design, development and build programmes.
- With over 70 years’ experience in developing some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
- Vehicle Operations Group are seeking a keen and capable person to join the team to assist with various aspects of Development testing and validation.
- Vehicle Repairs and maintenance
- Vehicle Diagnostics and fault finding
- Working to processes
- Safety inspections / MOT Testing
- Working knowledge of any data acquisition systems and sensors
- Vehicle development engineering
- Working with Hybrid Electric Vehicles
- Use of basic hand tools
- Test driving
- Basic fabrication / bracket making
Preferred skills for this role include;
- Welding and fabrication
- Hybrid Electric Systems fault diagnostics
- Installation and setup of Strain Gauges, Accelerometers and Microphones
- Qualifications for this role include NVQ, BTec or City & Guilds in Automotive Maintenance / Repair or related subject.
- Full UK driving licence is required and a HGV licence would be beneficial