VEEL and Powertrain - Emissions Technician - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global provider of pioneering engineering, research and test services to the automotive, defense, aerospace and rail sectors.
- We work in close collaboration with vehicle manufacturers and suppliers around the world, providing comprehensive support ranging from individual product tests to turnkey engineering design, development and build programmes.
- With over 70 years’ experience in developing some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
- The Vehicle Emissions team are responsible for the delivery of chassis dynamo meter based and road based testing activities for our customers.
- We support development and certification testing of customer vehicles, against global exhaust emissions standards in the laboratory and on the road for Real Driving Emission (RDE) standards.
- Our existing ambient chassis dynamo meter facility and our new climatic chassis dynamo meter facility provide a full suite of capabilities to meet customer and legislative demands, together with a growing capacity of Portable Emission Measurement Systems for RDE development and certification test activities.
- Maintenance of equipment and completion of test work following pre-defined procedures
- An understanding of automotive systems and ability to diagnose faults
- Excellent communication skills
Desirable experience for this role would include:
- Understanding of current generation gasoline and diesel engines and emissions components to be able to troubleshoot, perform assembly, strip and repair activities
- Strong computer skills, in particular MS Office
- Test Procedure and Risk Assessment creation experience
- Maintaining stock levels of equipment and components
- Mechanical and Electrical knowledge around the operation of modern Automotive Vehicles
- Ability to work with complex machines and computer systems
- Good driving skills
Desirable skills for this role would include:
- Certification of experiences in Mechanical and Electrical knowledge of modern Automotive Vehicles
- Excellent driving skills supported by Advanced Driving or Racing experience and licences
- City and Guilds or NVQ in Engineering
- Full Driving Licence
Desirable qualifications for this role would include:
- NVQ3 Emissions testing or Engineering
- Be competent to be able work alongside customer engineers, Type Approval Authorities, company engineers or unsupervised to carry out work programmes
- Be competent to carry out unsupervised - Planned Facility Maintenance and Repairs together with maintaining appropriate stock levels of consumables
- Have good interpersonal skills and the ability to integrate into a team working environment.
- Be prepared to work extended hours or required shift pattern
- Work to good Health & Safety standards and ensure that company quality standards are adhered to