This job is currently Archived,
VEEL and Powertrain - Emissions Technician Nuneaton United Kingdom,
HORIBA Mira (company)
Posted on : 25 May 2017
- Our company is a global provider of pioneering engineering, research and test services to the automotive, defense, aerospace and rail sectors.
- We work in close collaboration with vehicle manufacturers and suppliers around the world, providing comprehensive support ranging from individual product tests to turnkey engineering design, development and build programmes.
- With over 70 years experience in developing some of the world s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
- The Vehicle Emissions team are responsible for the delivery of chassis dynamo meter based and road based testing activities for our customers.
- We support development and certification testing of customer vehicles, against global exhaust emissions standards in the laboratory and on the road for Real Driving Emission (RDE) standards.
- Our existing ambient chassis dynamo meter facility and our new climatic chassis dynamo meter facility provide a full suite of capabilities to meet customer and legislative demands, together with a growing capacity of Portable Emission Measurement Systems for RDE development and certification test activities.
Essential experience for this role would include:
- Maintenance of equipment and completion of test work following pre-defined procedures
- An understanding of automotive systems and ability to diagnose faults
- Excellent communication skills
Desirable experience for this role would include:
- Understanding of current generation gasoline and diesel engines and emissions components to be able to troubleshoot, perform assembly, strip and repair activities
- Strong computer skills, in particular MS Office
- Test Procedure and Risk Assessment creation experience
- Maintaining stock levels of equipment and components
Essential skills for this role would include:
- Mechanical and Electrical knowledge around the operation of modern Automotive Vehicles
- Ability to work with complex machines and computer systems
- Good driving skills
Desirable skills for this role would include:
- Certification of experiences in Mechanical and Electrical knowledge of modern Automotive Vehicles
- Excellent driving skills supported by Advanced Driving or Racing experience and licences
Essential qualifications for this role would include:
- City and Guilds or NVQ in Engineering
- Full Driving Licence
Desirable qualifications for this role would include:
- NVQ3 Emissions testing or Engineering
The candidate should:
- Be competent to be able work alongside customer engineers, Type Approval Authorities, company engineers or unsupervised to carry out work programmes
- Be competent to carry out unsupervised - Planned Facility Maintenance and Repairs together with maintaining appropriate stock levels of consumables
- Have good interpersonal skills and the ability to integrate into a team working environment.
- Be prepared to work extended hours or required shift pattern
- Work to good Health & Safety standards and ensure that company quality standards are adhered to
Find a Job Find Candidates