This job is currently Archived,
VEEL and Powertrain - Emissions Engineer Nuneaton United Kingdom,
HORIBA Mira (company)
Posted on : 25 May 2017
- Our company is a global provider of pioneering engineering, research and test services to the automotive, defense, aerospace and rail sectors.
- We work in close collaboration with vehicle manufacturers and suppliers around the world, providing comprehensive support ranging from individual product tests to turnkey engineering design, development and build programmes.
- With over 70 years experience in developing some of the world s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
- The Vehicle Emissions team are responsible for the delivery of chassis dynamometer based and road based testing activities for our customers.
- We support development and certification testing of customer vehicles, against global exhaust emissions standards in the laboratory and on the road for Real Driving Emission (RDE) standards.
- Our existing ambient chassis dynamo meter facility and our new climatic chassis dynamo meter facility provide a full suite of capabilities to meet customer and legislative demands, together with a growing capacity of Portable Emission Measurement Systems for RDE development and certification test activities.
Essential experience for this role would include:
- Experience in Engine Testing or Vehicle Emissions Testing
Desirable experience for this role would include:
- Use of Emissions Analysis equipment
- Use of company test equipment Chassis Dynamo meter and Emissions analysis
- Operation in a customer focused environment
Essential skills for this role would include:
- Knowledge of maintenance of equipment and completion of test work following pre-defined procedures
- A detailed understanding of automotive systems and ability to diagnose faults
- Excellent communication skills
Desirable skills for this role would include:
- Detailed understanding of current generation gasoline and diesel engines and emissions components to be able to troubleshoot, perform assembly, strip and repair activities
- Strong computer skills, in particular MS Office
- Test Procedure and Risk Assessment creation experience
Essential qualifications for this role would include:
- HNC/HND level in Engineering with appropriate experience
Desirable qualifications for this role would include:
- Degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering
The candidate should:
- Be competent to be able work alongside customer engineers, Type Approval Authorities, company engineers or unsupervised to carry out work programmes
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to integrate into a team working environment.
- Be prepared to work extended hours or required shift pattern
- Work to excellent Health & Safety standards and ensure that company quality standards are adhered to
Find a Job Find Candidates