This job is currently Archived,
VEEL and Powertrain - Emissions Engineer - United Kingdom
HORIBA Mira (company)
Posted on : 25 May 2017
- Our company is a global provider of pioneering engineering, research and test services to the automotive, defense, aerospace and rail sectors.
- We work in close collaboration with vehicle manufacturers and suppliers around the world, providing comprehensive support ranging from individual product tests to turnkey engineering design, development and build programmes.
- With over 70 years’ experience in developing some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
- The Vehicle Emissions team are responsible for the delivery of chassis dynamometer based and road based testing activities for our customers.
- We support development and certification testing of customer vehicles, against global exhaust emissions standards in the laboratory and on the road for Real Driving Emission (RDE) standards.
- Our existing ambient chassis dynamo meter facility and our new climatic chassis dynamo meter facility provide a full suite of capabilities to meet customer and legislative demands, together with a growing capacity of Portable Emission Measurement Systems for RDE development and certification test activities.
Essential experience for this role would include:
- Experience in Engine Testing or Vehicle Emissions Testing
Desirable experience for this role would include:
- Use of Emissions Analysis equipment
- Use of company test equipment – Chassis Dynamo meter and Emissions analysis
- Operation in a customer focused environment
Essential skills for this role would include:
- Knowledge of maintenance of equipment and completion of test work following pre-defined procedures
- A detailed understanding of automotive systems and ability to diagnose faults
- Excellent communication skills
Desirable skills for this role would include:
- Detailed understanding of current generation gasoline and diesel engines and emissions components to be able to troubleshoot, perform assembly, strip and repair activities
- Strong computer skills, in particular MS Office
- Test Procedure and Risk Assessment creation experience
Essential qualifications for this role would include:
- HNC/HND level in Engineering with appropriate experience
Desirable qualifications for this role would include:
- Degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering
The candidate should:
- Be competent to be able work alongside customer engineers, Type Approval Authorities, company engineers or unsupervised to carry out work programmes
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to integrate into a team working environment.
- Be prepared to work extended hours or required shift pattern
- Work to excellent Health & Safety standards and ensure that company quality standards are adhered to