This job is currently Archived,
VBU Development Delivery Project Officer - Switzerland
Posted on : 26 February 2017
- This position provides project management expertise and leadership skills to global, cross-functional, cross-divisional teams in their support of the Development Delivery organization, supporting the achievement of the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Responsibilities include translating the strategic direction for the group into an efficiently executable plans; predicting and planning solutions to achieve successful operational execution; driving the team to achieve clarity on issues and focus on effective contingencies; interfacing with management and influencing decision-making, monitoring slippage and developing strategies to get back on plan and navigating through the internal governance for projects.
- This position works closely with other groups in PDD and Vaccines in order to achieve the goals of the department.
- This role has no direct people management responsibilities.
Project focused activities:
- Contribute to advancing better alignment of work with strategic goals, effective support of stakeholder communication and collaboration.
- Partner with business leaders to advance important organizational objectives.
- Project management process/methodology: Develop and implement a consistent and standardized process
- Lead the cross-divisional project planning efforts of the Development Delivery team, or other cross-functional teams in defining and implementing the project strategy and operational plan. This implies managing the creation and/or the strategy framework as well as the operational plan and formulating the project scope, project plan, execution strategies & critical paths with the team. Responsible for coordinating governance approvals for the key project deliverables.
- Proactively identify and drive project and resource priorities that align with the business objectives.
- Establish, communicate and execute plans resulting in achievement of project goals.
- Guide and manage the creation of project strategies and prepare presentations to management.
- Provide direction and obtains buy-in of all team members to integrated product strategy.
- Gather project data and production of information for management review supporting decision making processes.
- Identify ways to accelerate the project execution where possible while maintaining high quality standards.
- Continuously and efficiently manage stakeholders at various levels and across functions.
- Provide the administrative support needed for effective decision making by documenting governance decisions and tracking action items for future governance sessions.
- Enforce consistent performance reporting guidelines so each project reports project performance consistently.
- Assist the program/project manager in developing necessary communications to relevant stakeholders.
- Proactively identify potential issues or obstacles and achieves resolution or plans contingencies and follow issues through to resolution ensuring that all issues arrive at a singular conclusion or recommendation.
- Partners with the Study Teams to manage a global, cross-divisional budget related to clinical operations.
- Define and maintain standards for project management within Development Delivery.
- Lead the project risk management process in the team and generate the cross-functional, cross-divisional project risk register for assigned project Mentor and train team members on project management tools and knowledge management as needed.
- Orchestrate the involvement of appropriate cross-regional, cross-functional individuals in relevant communications, decisions and working groups.
- Generate collaboration, cooperation and communication across divisions and functions and between EU, Americas, Asia and Japan team members as well as applicable Alliance partners.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Masters Degree in business-related field preferred
- Project Management certification
- Thorough knowledge (minimum 7-8 years) of drug or vaccine development in Clinical Operations, Services or Process Management.
- Minimum 4 years experience as a project manager with complex project deliverables in a multi-disciplinary, global environment
- Demonstrated (leadership) skills in managing matrix teams, influencing outcomes and driving key project decisions
- Proven ability to clearly and concisely communicate and present key information objectively and collaborate effectively with management
- Proven ability to work effectively and diplomatically in conflict situations
Knowledge and Skills:
- Vaccine, biologics or injectable clinical study or operation expertise (is desirable)
- Strategic problem solving
- Strong influencing skills
- Decision-making within a cross-functional and cross-cultural, global team structure
- Flexibility, tolerance and diplomacy to best manage change and differing opinions.
- Highly effective communications skills – written and verbal
- Management of multiple tasks of varied complexity simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective negotiation and positive influencing abilities
- Highly effective presentation skills – create and deliver presentations with appropriate messaging and focused recommendations
- Microsoft Project Professional, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- May work on the computer for several hours at a time
- Fluent in English
- Project Management Professional certification with PMI desired
- May travel to the US and Japan offices and other meeting locations internationally.
- Approximately 25% travel is required.