This job is currently Archived,
VAT Analyst - Temporary position (1 year) Beerse Belgium,
Johnson & Johnson (company)
Posted on : 19 June 2017
Caring for the world, one person at a time ... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Janssen Pharmaceutica joined the Johnson & Johnson group in 1961. Today, Janssen Pharmaceutica is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world. Our research and development centre develops products for a wide range of disease areas, such as mental disorders, neurological problems, infectious diseases, immunological disorders, cancer, and cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.
Our Family of Companies comprises:
The world s premier consumer health company.
The world s largest and most diverse medical devices company.
The world s third-largest biologics company.
And the world s sixth-largest pharmaceuticals company.
The in-country, cross-sector, Country Tax Centre (CTC) for Belgium is responsible for statutory reporting, Belgian corporate tax compliance, US tax legal reporting (LR reporting etc.) and VAT compliance for J&J-companies.
The CTC is looking to recruit a VAT Analyst on a temporary basis for a period of 1 year to its team based at Janssen Pharmaceutica NV in Beerse. Reporting to the Sr. VAT Analyst, the successful candidate will be assisting in managing the complex day to day Indirect Tax operation which covers VAT registrations across multiple countries.
The main responsibilities of the VAT Analyst will include:
- Ensure timely and compliant monthly reporting as per individual country regulations, of VAT, Intrastat, sales and purchase lists together with the other team members
- Understand, maintain and ensure correct VAT set-up in the ERP-systems and the VAT reporting tool
- Ensure all processes for VAT are SOX compliant, responsibility for complying with relevant controls in the Global Tax DCM including assistance with SOX audits
- Liaise, as required, with multiple tax and statistical authorities
- Collaborate and maintain good relationship with relevant stakeholders: Tax authorities, Janssen finance, EMEA affiliates, Supply chain, Accounting, ITS, Global Services, VAT community and project teams
- Provide assistance with ad-hoc project indirect tax advisory work and tasks as required
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Accounting and/or Tax or strong interest
- Preferably prior exposure to EU VAT reporting and rules
- Strong SAP-knowledge with knowledge of the VAT parameters, technical mindset
- Fluent in English, written and verbal is essential with a 2nd language (French/Dutch) desirable
- Ability to manage own work and prioritize
- Ability to deliver results under pressure
- Ability to work effectively in a complex environment, understand interdependencies and the implications of actions and decisions on the business
- Flexibility to meet extra demands around the reporting deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player: actively stimulate and contribute to a strong internal collaboration
- Maintain awareness of evolutions in the external environment
- Share perspectives and take ownership of process improvements
- Pro-actively identify issues and participate in the implementation of solutions
- Willingness to learn and apply experience gained
- Take accountability for own performance and development
- Engage in constructive discussions to bring the team to a higher performance level
- Maintain the highest standards of ethics, quality, compliance and accountability
What s in it for you &?
Caring for the world, one person at a time &
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility. Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)
Find a Job Find Candidates