This job is currently Archived,
VAT Analyst - Indirect Tax - Belgium
Johnson & Johnson (company)
Posted on : 28 May 2017
- We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
- Employees of our Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
- Our Family of Companies comprises:
- The world’s premier consumer health company.
- The world’s largest and most diverse medical devices company.
- The world’s third-largest biologics company.
- And the world’s sixth-largest pharmaceuticals company.
Main responsibilities of the VAT Analyst - Indirect Tax include:
- Ensure periodic VAT and intrastat compliance reporting (Full E2E process) is timely completed and communicated to various authorities and accurately recorded in JD Edwards (25+ VAT registrations)
- Ensure all processes for VAT are SOX compliant, responsibility for complying with relevant controls in the Global Tax DCM including assistance with SOX audits
- Regular review of internal processes and drive continuous improvements by automation, simplification and standardization
- Understand, document and maintain relevant VAT processes in ERP system
- Foster good relationship with relevant stakeholders: Tax authorities, GMED finance, EMEA affiliates (Medical), Supply chain, Accounting, ITS, GSS, VAT community and project teams
- Ensure successful passing of internal/external audits (VAT, intrastat, customs)
- Provide assistance with ad-hoc project indirect tax advisory work and tasks as required
- Reports to the Senior Indirect Analyst, head of compliance
- Master Degree in Accounting and/or Tax or similar
- Preferably prior exposure to EU VAT reporting and rules
- Strong command of the English language
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritize
- Ability to deliver and perform under pressure
- Understand the implications of actions and strategic decisions of the business
- Flexibility to meet extra demands when required
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player: actively stimulate and contribute to a strong internal collaboration
- Awareness of developments in the external environment
- Share perspectives and take ownership of process improvements
- Pro-actively identify issues, and participate in the implementation of solutions
- Willingness to learn, apply and share experiences gained
- Take accountability for own performance and development
- Engage in constructive discussion to bring the team to a higher performance level
- Maintain the highest standards of ethics, quality, compliance and accountability
- Positive, energized, critical, hands-on mindset
- As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset and we take your career seriously.
- You’ll be part of a global team in an innovative and international environment with room for personal and professional development.
- Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth by focusing on your talent.
- Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.