Value Chain Management Product Leader - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where our company has codified its 125-year legacy. Our company’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
- Our is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide.
- Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
- The Product Leader is the architect of the Value Chain design and continuous improvement.
- This position is responsible for influencing and managing the end-to-end design and execution in alignment with Commercial and manufacturing Strategies. Product scope includes those fitting in biologics and sterile operations.
- The value chain managment work is strategic by definition, spanning the entire life cycle of products, stabilizing the ongoing business through appropriate risk management, and designing the supply chain for the future.
- This is a highly integrative position, and it requires great leadership skills to create the vision that guides and inspires the team and stakeholders.
- The role also requires great talent management and team building skills as well as exceptional strength in communications.
- This position carries the responsibility for product portfolios that can represent several billion dollars of revenue for our company.
- Leads Global end-to-end value chain management in the long term time horizon and the objective of establishing the strategic direction and key areas of focus for assigned products
- Identify, prioritize and drive portfolio/network value creation opportunities to maximize brand assets
- Identify external trends and orchestrate innovations leading to the creation of enhanced customer value
- Develop Product Master Plans which define comprehensive global product strategies, including lifecycle management, for each product in assigned portfolio. Leads prioritization and execution of these strategies
- Represents Value Chain Management on strategic cross functional teams (New Product Commercialization, Regional Business Operations, Network Strategy, Capital Project, and Brand S&OP)
- Primary MMD partner with Global Human Health brand leadership for assigned products with a focus on broad, strategic, long-term issues along with major event planning and management
- Leads site selection teams for new products including drug substance, drug product, and packaging source decisions.
- Manages launch execution strategy development
- Leads Value Chain Management Teams (VCMT) composed of cross functional representation from end-to-end functions including Commercial, Manufacturing, Planning, Quality, Technical Operations, Finance, Procurement, Logistics, External Manufacturing, and other related groups as appropriate
- Leads supply risk management for assigned products including risk assessments, identification & prioritization of mitigation strategies, development of recommendations and alignment of sponsorship to execute
- Engages in Manufacturing Network initiatives by providing brand-specific product and supply chain insights into the planning phase and contributes to strategic decision making
- Engages in resolution of global product disruptions where long-term strategic supply chain alternatives need to be established:
- Develops and implements action plans with appropriate escalation and sponsorship
- BA/BS Required (Engineering, Scientific discipline, Supply Chain Management)
- Master’s Degree (MBA) Preferred with a minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience
- Broad cross functional skills and business/management/operations experience, knowledge of the functions that support the pharmaceutical manufacturing and supply business including: Supply Chain, Finance, Regulatory, Quality, Compliance, Manufacturing Operations and Commercial Operations
- Strategic thinking and ability to assimilate highly complicated and multi-factored inputs into an integrated strategy that clearly links to business objectives
- Demonstrated ability to make timely decisions and influence direction in ambiguous situations
- Horizontal and vertical leadership skills that enable maximizing both the individual contributor and cross-functional team accomplishments. Foundational to this is a strong business acumen, assertiveness, ability to persuade and influence decisions along with driving accountability through measured accomplishments
- Proactive mindset and ability to look outside the assigned role with an eagerness to identify and engage in opportunities to improve value chains and related business processes within the organization
- Cross functional/cross divisional project management with geographically diverse teams driving high impact results and influencing processes along with behaviors
- Demonstrated mindset of viewing new experiences as learning opportunities that strengthen leadership capabilities and the ability to guide others
- Knowledge of "best practices" in Supply Chain Management
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- International experience
- Multi-sector industry experience
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time