This permanent position will report to a VAT Senior Analyst in the Shared Service Center Costa Rica (hereafter 'ZFSA') and will support the execution of accounting activities related to VAT processing.
The aim of the VAT team is to ensure ZFSA meets all the VAT compliance requirements of each of the countries covered by it. The VAT team provides both compliance and advisory services. The compliance services consist of managing the periodic VAT compliance obligations of the countries for which ZFSA is responsible for. The advisory services consist of supporting various departments within the center and the business on country specific VAT queries or issues that may arise.
Key attributes of this role include:
- Knowledge, insight, and experience in financial accounting
- Capable of working independently and applying analytical skills in accounting processes
- Experience in handling high volume account portfolios and balancing multiple priorities to fixed deadlines
- Ability to work in culturally diverse teams
- Customer focused with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to leverage and build on ERP skills to ensure operational excellence and service quality.
- VAT Return preparation and filing for a multitude of countries in the Americas
- Reconciliation and accounting: reconcile VAT accounts and making the respective VAT journal entries to clear VAT accounts; processing of payments to / from local authorities
- Audit assistance: support of VAT audits performed by local tax authorities and/or accounting firms;
- Communication with internal customers: business units, tax leaders and other sub-contracted support functions to resolve discrepancies, issues and queries for VAT related issues in a timely manner by escalating to the VAT Senior Analyst and VAT Manager as required
- Maintain and comply with standardization, automation and process improvements to ensure VAT compliance, support development and recommendation of VAT operational processes and internal policies
- College degree in Finance / Accounting, or technical degree
- Professional accountancy qualification (preferred, not required)
- 2 years of experience working in accounting positions, VAT reporting departments (experience in preparation of VAT returns for multiple countries is an advantage).
- Basic VAT knowledge on an advisory level and a willingness to expand that knowledge
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Technology skills (e.g. Word, Excel, Access) and hands on experience with ERP systems (preferably, not required)
- Proficiency in English is a must, other languages will be treated as an advantage
Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.
Our name, Zoetis (zō-EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning "pertaining to life." It signals our company's dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend.