- Defining and writing research proposals in collaboration with the LIBR partner teams and industrial partners
- Evaluating the valorization potential of research at the LIBR and coordinating valorization efforts (patenting, licensing, bilateral contracts, joint research projects,
- Coordinating the organization of conferences and courses in beer brewing technology in collaboration with the LIBR partner teams
- Representing the LIBR at various conferences, events and companies.
- PhD or minimum 5 years of equivalent experience in innovative research, in biological engineering, biotechnology or similar
- Profound, in depth knowledge of the beer brewing process and affinity with the beer industry as well as modern biotechnology
- Experience in the exploitation of research results and developing valorization strategies
- Experience with writing (successful) grant proposals and patent applications
- Experience in the management of a broad research portfolio and good organizational kills (managing meetings, follow-up of contacts, in time reporting)
- You have experience with presenting results and reports to industry and at (scientific) conferences
- Profound knowledge of Belgian, European and Global IP regulations and guidelines
- Fluent in English and Dutch. Knowledge of French, German, Spanish or Italian are an advantage.
- Good and dynamic team player
- You are pro-active, efficient, result-oriented and you are stress-resistant
- You have a driver licence B.
- An exciting and challenging job, focused on continuous innovation and development in a multidisciplinary and international context.
- We offer a permanent position as Industrial Research Manager of the Industrial Research Fund (IOF) at our university.