Vaccine Key Customer Leader - Vaccines (Houston, TX/New Orleans/Baton Rouge LA) Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Under the guidance of the Director, Commercial Operations-Vaccines, the Vaccine Key Customer Leader (VKCL) is the primary Vaccine point of contact for Merck with assigned large private and public sector customers within their designated market. The VKCL engages with C-/ D-suite customers in assigned accounts and collaborates with the extended Merck field team to ensure implementation and pull-through at the individual clinic/hospital/provider level.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- The VKCL will be accountable for the Vaccines business performance, business relationship and customer experience with assigned customers, coordinating appropriate Merck resources and personnel to meet the needs of the customer.
- Actively develops, enhances and applies a deep understanding of assigned customers, the local market healthcare /vaccination ecosystem, and ensuing interplay and translates into potential business opportunities.
- Demonstrates and applies in-depth knowledge of the vaccination landscape including: vaccination schedule, quality measures, reimbursement processes, key factors affecting uptake, local immunization registries, coalitions, school requirements.
- Responsible for demonstrating strong collaboration and coordination with all Merck customer-facing roles. With all assigned accounts, the VKCL will be responsible for building a Vaccines account strategy focused on increasing appropriate use of Merck Vaccines and coordinating the account team execution consistent with the strategy and customer needs.
- Identifies key vaccine decision-makers and influencers, understands their concerns and priorities, builds trusting relationships that differentiate Merck
- Collaborates with internal and customer stakeholders to formulate approach and select/deploy solutions to meet customer needs.
- Identifies strategic customers within region/geography that afford Merck differentiated business opportunities and prioritizes their importance.
- Stays abreast of competitor approaches and Merck customer contracting strategy; engages appropriate Merck account team members (field and HQ) to capitalize on opportunities to grow/defend the Vaccine business.
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MA/MS/MBA in Business, Marketing, Science, Healthcare or Public Health
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in Sales leadership, Key Account Management / Client Service Management, Marketing, and/or Strategy preferably in the Healthcare industry
- Minimum of two (2) years experience working in Sales leadership or Strategic Account Management with key thought leaders or high influence customers in Public Health, Large Group Practices, Hospitals/Systems, or Managed Care Organizations
- Ability to build and develop customer relationships, including the ability to influence senior levels of management and key thought leaders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to interact with individuals from a variety of cultures, and disciplines
- Strong peer leadership and ability to collaborate with and coordinate activity among individuals in different reporting structures within the organization
- Self-motivated with the ability to perform with a high level of independence
- Innovative thinking and exceptional business acumen, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Valid Driver's License
- (30% travel)
- Minimum of two (2) years experience working in/with Vaccines; strong understanding of Vaccination (products, processes, marketplace)
- Recent Local Market and Customer Knowledge
- Experience in a strategic or management role in Public Health or Health System/Medical Group
- Strong understanding of compliance-related concepts including the laws and regulations that govern Pharmaceutical/Vaccine Marketing and Sales activities
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Account Management Generic
Job Title:Sr. Acct. Mgr, Account Management
Primary Location: NA-US-TX-Houston
Other Locations: NA-US-LA-New Orleans, NA-US-LA-Baton Rouge
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Medical, Pharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical Sales, Public Health, Animal Health, Healthcare, Science, Sales, Veterinary