- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- The Vaccine IPT Process Engineer will provide engineering support and expertise to the Vaccine IPT to manufacture quality pharmaceutical products in accordance to meeting the MMD Priorities of: Compliance, Supply, Strategy and Profit Plan.
- The team working style is one of collaboration, coaching and facilitating to provide engineering solutions to the Vaccine IPT team to support a High Performance Organization.
- The Process Engineer role is responsible for actively participating in the Tier process to manage Engineering projects and proactively resolve issues before they impact the business priorities.
- Ensure supply of high quality product through equipment availability, maximize performance of the equipment and identify/implement continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Ensure maintenance programs are executed to the highest standards in compliance with cGMP.
- Sound Engineering stewardship, staffing resource planning maintenance scheduling and control e.g. shutdown activities, vendor management, change control.
- Recommend best practice approaches in line with global and local standards.
- Ensure highest Quality & Compliance (Quality and Safety) standards.
- Participate in efficiency and streamlining projects which contribute to site initiatives and contribute to increased safety, process improvement cost saving etc.
- Participate and comply with our Manufacturing Division Quality Management System (QMS) requirements, including ownership, as relevant.
- Tactical Implementation & Support for reliability equipment initiatives
- Manage Safety Chapters within the Vaccine IPT as required.
- Provide engineering expertise within a wide range of projects within the IPT
- Approval of engineering related documentation for the Vaccine IPT, as required.
- Level 8 honours degree in an engineering discipline.
- Preference for Lean Six Sigma qualification or experience of application of Lean principles.
- Project management qualification such as, Project Management Professional is desirable.
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
- At least three years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical industry or a similar operating environment with experience in an Engineering/Process role in a manufacturing environment.
- Project Management experience leading projects
- Process and technology background: the successful candidate will understand how to drive optimization.
- Demonstrated ability in holding project team members responsible for results and being decisive about non-performers.
- Demonstrated ability to realize improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated successes in a team environment, such as project teams, Six Sigma team, PITs etc.
- Demonstrated high level of problem solving and facilitation skills.
- Experience with Management Systems such as PM, EHS, Microsoft PM Etc.
- Stakeholder management of multi decision makers, colleagues, peers and cross functional teams.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.