This job is currently Archived,
Vacancy Lab Technician - Belgium
Posted on : 10 July 2017
Your tasks and responsibilities
- To enforce our Seeds and Traits Safety (STSa) team in Zwijnaarde, involved in Regulatory Science Studies, we are currently looking for a Lab Technician for a 1 year contract. As Lab Technician you will be part of a team that performs regulatory studies needed to obtain deregulation of genetically modified (GM) products worldwide. The Seeds and Traits Safety Team characterizes the GM plants at molecular level as well as the introduced proteins.
- Also, proteins are produced for use in toxicological and/or eco-toxicological studies. In this role, you will be part of a dynamic and motivated team of nearly 50 members and you will be reporting directly to the Technical Team Leader.
- The Lab Technician will work independently on molecular biology and biochemistry experiments.
- The activities of the team cover DNA and protein characterization studies, as well as protein purification.
- Results of technical experiments will be recorded according to data collection sheet guidelines.
- You will have an important role in the continuously improvement of the quality system within the team.
- There will be a contribution to the writing and updating of GLP standard operating procedures as well as being responsible for laboratory equipment and being a backup for other technical staff
Who you are
- The candidate should have preferably a bachelor degree in molecular biology or biochemistry.
- Previous first work experience in similar role is a plus but we are also open to young potential starters.
- The young starter will be coached and will get the necessary support and guidance to grow in the function.
- You are an enthusiastic professional with relevant experience in molecular biology or biochemistry and protein chemistry.
- Affinity with quality management systems and work experience under GLP is a preference.
- Knowledge of the OECD (Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development) regulations for GLP and experience in such quality systems is a preference.
- The position requires an accurate laboratory worker with self-organization and planning skills.
- You have a natural flair to interact with other team members with an intercultural background.
- A constructive, positive and supportive teamwork attitude with both orally and writing communication skills.
- Good knowledge of English is a must. Knowledge of Dutch is a plus in this role.
Our employees benefit from good employment conditions, such as:
- excellent salary including vacation allowance and year end premium;
- 34 days off;
- group insurance which contains a defined contribution pension plan, life insurance and disability plan and hospitalization insurance;
- an inspiring working environment with professional and committed colleagues;
- a successful innovative organization;
- international career possibilities;
- challenges and possibilities to learn and to develop;
- personal comfort services.