Utility Operator 1 (Temporary) - United States
- Our company is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
- These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
- Our company will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind. Maintain positive relationships with key utility end users
- Represent the functional area in meetings and compliance activities·
- Maintain integrated working relationships with key internal customers and cross-functional support groups·
- Engage with key customers on an ongoing basis to identify changing needs·
- Engage and interface with cross-functional groups for support and collaboration to resolve emergency, urgent, and non-standard issue·
- Oversee vendors and contractors to ensure quality and effectiveness of services and deliverables.·
- Shadow and support senior operations staff as needed·
- Perform remove from service, return to service, and system release activities·
- Monitor equipment operation via multiple software applications and automated systems·
- Regulate equipment and conditions to identified operational standards·
- Perform effective and clear intragroup and intergroup shift pass downs and issue turnover·
- Ensure effective and clear utility system status updates to all stakeholders·
- Communicate operational changes to stakeholders via standardized communication plans·
- Assist with performing trend evaluations of system operations to detect variations that will adversely impact system reliability and/or efficiency·
- Monitor alignment to the identified utility service level and expected redundancy based on operational capabilities·
- Conduct utility area rounds, and perform routine inspections to ensure inspection readiness·
- Monitor and respond to alarms from multiple sources and platforms·
- Initiate trouble calls to cross-functional support·
- Track alarms to resolution and escalated to the most appropriate trade·
- Turnover ongoing alarms between shifts, stakeholders, and other groups·
- Participate in developing and reviewing SOPs and work instructions·
- Participate in reviews and assessments for the Utility Operations program for continuous improvement·
- Other projects/tasks as assigned by supervision.·
- Engage in proper storage, handling, and disposal of chemicals·
- Engage in safe behavior within the utility areas·
- Active member of the company Emergency Response Team
- Ability to resolve problems or situations that require exercising tact, diplomacy and sound judgment.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to acquire a thorough knowledge of workable systems, policies, and procedures
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude regardless of circumstances
- Ability to objectively support and explain reasoning for decisions
- Ability to become proficient with CMMS (INFOR preferred)
- Ability to objectively present data and identify key issues among many variables
- Knowledge of GxP maintenance and operational programs
- Basic understanding of utility equipment function to support steam, water, gas, and power
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures
- Skill in problem solving
- Skill in oral and written communication
- College degree (Associates/Bachelors), Technical Certification, military technical training, or equivalent experience that provides knowledge, skills, and the abilities required to appropriately perform the scope of responsibilities.
- 1-2 years’ experience related to utility and/or process equipment operation, maintenance, reliability, or instrumentation or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Experience with or experience monitoring alarms and automated controls (desired )
- Basic Cause Mapping course completion within 12 months (required )