US Research Associate (Project Management) - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The mission of the research team is to anticipate the future of the company Proton Therapy products.
- This mission is achieved by exploring advanced concepts that could improve the way proton beams are delivered to patients.
- In order to assess the technical risks and the clinical value, it involves the development of hardware and/or software prototypes that ultimately can be evaluated in clinical environment.
- During your first year, we will foresee an integration period within the research team where you will take part in one or several research projects performed in collaboration with external partners (radiatherapy departments of clinics, research centers).
- After this period, as a member of the team you will supervise research activities in US in strong connection with the rest of the research team.
- In the context of tender process, you will also provide technical support to our sales team for customers interested in research activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As US Research Associate Project Manager, your responsibilities will be to:
- Contribute to research projects regarding technological & clinical innovations.
- Act as a representative of the company research team for commercial activities in US (ROW during year 1).
- Participate in sales process when higher level of scientific expertise is required.
- Supervise existing research collaborations in US and periodically report.
- Ensure technology watch in the field of Proton Therapy with a strong focus on US territory.
- Consider opportunities of public funding in US and support our partners submitting grant proposals.
- Continuously connect research activities in US with all other company research activities in order to ensure a seamless unified research portfolio.
- Stay informed on the portfolio of the research team.
- Come to Belgium every second month to connect with all members of the research team.
Profile You have:
- A PHD in Engineering or Physics degree.
- Experience in medical physics, more specifically in radiation oncology, in a hospital, academic or similar industrial environment.
- Good presentation skills and feel at ease when having to present research elements to clients/partners.
- Good experience in project management and in collaborative management.
- Proven results in delivering scientific research projects (Nuclear Physics, Dosimetry or Software).
- Excellent writing skills.
- An excellent English level (reading, writing and speaking).
And you are:
- Open minded and you enjoy having interactions with people with a different background.
- A team player able to organize your work autonomously according to priorities.
- Able to produce innovative ideas or approaches from scratch.
- Fascinated by new technologies and always willing to update your knowledge.
- Willing to travel up to 40-50% of your time.
- Our company is a cancer diagnostics and treatment company and the worldwide technology leader in the field of proton therapy.
- The Company’s expertise lies in the development of next generation proton therapy technologies and radiopharmaceuticals that provide oncology care providers with premium quality services and equipment, including company’s leading fully integrated radiopharmacy system, and Dosimetry advanced solutions for Quality Assurance of medical equipment and increased patient safety.
- Employing more than 1,500 people worldwide, Our company currently has installed systems across Europe and the US and is expanding into emerging markets.
- The Company is focused on providing solutions in the fight against cancer.
- Our company offers you the opportunity to realize great achievements in the fight against cancer.
- Our employees are perceived as passionate, pragmatic and result oriented people dedicated to develop leading edge technologies to protect, enhance and save lives !
- If you are stimulated by multicultural challenges and willing to travel, we offer you the opportunity to join a team of more than 35 nationalities working on more than 40 different sites on 3 continents.
- Our company offers you a competitive performance based compensation package and a flexible work environment.
- You have real possibilities to evolve within company's worldwide, leading organization and to create your own career path, supported by training programs to acquire new skills and ensure they stay sharp
- As an Equal Opportunity Employer our company is committed to a diverse workforce.