US Medical Affairs Strategy Leader - Infectious Diseases (C Diff, CMV, Antifungals) Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The US Medical Affairs Strategy Leader (MASL) for C. diff, CMV, and antifungals holds primary responsibility for the adaption of the Global Medical Affairs Plans for their assigned assets to the US market. The MASL co-chairs the US Medical Affairs Team to establish the medical strategy and ensure execution of agreed medical tactics.
In addition, the MASL contributes substantially to and is a valued co-strategist on cross-functional teams, specifically US Brand Teams and assigned Product Development subteams. The MASL contributes to the Clinical and Value Evidence Communication Platform for their assets and leads integrated data generation planning relevant to the US.
The MASL demonstrates influence in the external scientific community via peer-to-peer engagement with top scientific leaders and executes expert input forums to remain on the leading edge of therapeutic and patient care advances. The MASL collaborates successfully and leads resolution of regulatory, reputational, ethical, and other asset management issues.
- MD, PhD or PharmD is required
- 4+ years pharmaceutical (or related) industry experience in country with proven track record of contribution to medical, clinical or commercial strategies in country
- Strategic thinking, specifically related to the development of Medical Affairs Goals and Strategies that address asset value proposition, and clinical and value evidence.
- Customer expertise especially scientific leadership and other key stakeholders (public groups, government officials, medical professional organizations) in therapy areas
- Proven ability to effectively influence company decisions
- Proven ability to effectively communicate information at management level, with public groups and to scientific leaders.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, communication (written as well as oral) and results oriented project management skills.
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to understand how decisions fit into the broader context of corporate strategies
- In a matrix environment, able to effectively collaborate across divisions
- recognized expertise through 5+ yrs clinical and/or research experience (incl publications) in therapy area is desired
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Medical Affairs - MD
Job Title:Dir, Medical Affairs
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-Upper Gwynedd
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Medical, Law, Pharmaceutical, Product Development, Patient Care, Healthcare, Legal, Science, Research