US Digital Marketing and Channels Delivery Lead Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Digital Marketing and Channels (DM&C) Delivery Lead role – US has overall responsibility for the delivery of Digital Marketing technology capabilities for clients in the US – including the US Market, Global Franchises and COE’s. The role is accountable for aligning work to the IT Platform Strategy and contributing to the development and evolution of the DM&C Platform to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The position works closely with Client Service Leads, PMO Teams, IT Country Leads, Technology Hub Teams and external delivery partners.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for conveying a compelling and convincing case for Platform products & services vs. the competition in the marketplace
- Responsible for driving the adoption of our Commercial Platform technologies within the US Market and the US based Global Franchises and COEs
- Responsible for implementation of new marketing systems and for delivering on portfolio commitments
- Responsible for meeting with new business clients, facilitating implementations by conducting meetings on expectations and acting as primary contact for client’s questions through setup and thereafter as needed
- Responsible for scoping/estimating solution(s) required to address requirements, assessing met and unmet needs, and recommending solutions that optimize value for the business
- Responsible for business requirements elicitation, analysis, and requirements management and communication.
- Responsible for prioritizing requirements and creating conceptual prototypes and mock-ups in collaboration with the development teams as needed
- Responsible for business case creation and client proposals
- Acts as a liaison between the technical team and the client during analysis, design, configuration, testing and deployment phases.
- Responsible for driving cross-channel (Web, E-mail , Social, CRM etc.) integration within the market
- Oversee/Facilitate cross-functional work teams including external vendors to define project scope and objectives, develop preliminary project plan and design.
- Determines necessary resources and project timeline. Review and track status of project and periodically report to management
- Responsible for continuous Commercial Platform evolution from capability and service perspective
- Collaboration with the wider DM&C community across the IT Hub Network
- BS or MS in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline
Required Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 5 Years of IT Systems delivery experience
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentations skills
- Experience working with customers/clients in a presales capacity defining and managing project scope, cost estimates, resource planning and scheduling
- Prior experience working effectively within a virtual team, taking strategic direction from opportunity owners and considering inputs from team members
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively influence others without direct authority
- Ability to lead and balance multiple, highly visible projects simultaneously
- Well organized, able to adjust work schedule to fit project needs and changing priorities
- Experience managing third party vendors
- Passion for technology and solid knowledge of enterprise global IT requirements and competitive offerings
- Prior experience collecting business requirements, and documenting business processes.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Prior working experience with Web Content Management Systems (Tridion, Drupal, etc.), Marketing Automation systems (Exact Target, Adobe, Marketo, Sitecore), CRM tools (Salesforce, Oracle etc.), and broader Marketing Operations tools (OpenText, Veeva Vault etc.)
- Prior experience translating business requirements into scalable and reusable technology solutions
- Strong understanding of security, reliability, scalability and platform management topics
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Service Delivery/Management
Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Service Delivery/Management
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-Upper Gwynedd
Other Locations: NA-United States
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Database, Oracle, Computer Science, Drupal, Marketing, Technology