US Biosimilar Marketing, Support Programs Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The division is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
The US Biosimilars Immunology Support Programs Associate Director –will report directly to the US Biosimilars Immunology Marketing Director with primary responsibility for building the consumer strategy for and across the Biosimilars Immunology products (SB2 and SB5), and accountable for executing tactics across both brands.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Development of patient support strategy and other customer services for the launch in the US of immunology biosimilars: SB2 and SB5
- Significant contributions to the brand building tools.
- Manage market development campaign for biosimilars targeting HCCs
- Ensure portfolio approach and optimal co-positioning for both brands and ensure alignment to global strategies.
- Proactive analyze key performance metrics to ensure consumer marketing channel mix is maximized to drive performance.
- Creating and executing a fully integrated multi-channel consumer marketing plan, which may include the following elements:
- Public Affairs
- Social Media
- Multi Channel Marketing
- Patient Experience / Services / Hub
- Responsible for the long term equity and growth of SB2 and SB5 among US consumers.
- Develop internal communication plans to strengthen awareness and enthusiasm around Biosimilars
- Integral member of the Biosimilars team to ensure the leveraging of consumer activities across the franchise and with Global Profit Plan development and marketing mix for consumer
- Monitoring consumer competitive activities among Biosimilars and among originator brands and recommending strategies and tactics to be proactive
- Build and champion innovative tactics required to reach SB2 and SB5 target consumer (i.e. greater utilization of social media, non-personal promotion, patient support services, adherence programs)
- Manage the HCC budget in an accurate way
- Know the customer: demonstrate a deep understanding of customer segments, needs, channel preferences and profitability/life-time value.
- Lead the creation and monitoring of Agency scopes of work (SOWs) and leads the bi-annual Agency evaluation process.
- BA or BS degree required
- MBA preferred
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years marketing/sales experience required (marketing experience can be defined as direct product management, product planning experience or a cross section of marketing support experiences including market research, promotion management, etc)
- Experience in the development of promotional material and/or medical/legal process
- Strong leadership skills
- Good organization and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate on cross-functional projects
- Analytical skills
- Expectation that job will involve some travel (about 25%)
- Immunology Experience
- Biologic Experience
- Prior launch experience is preferred, but not mandatory
- Agency management experience.
- Market research experience
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Product Management/Marketing
Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Marketing
Primary Location: NA-United States
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Job Segment: Immunology, Medical, Marketing MBA, Equity, Healthcare, Marketing, Finance