Upstream Product Manager - United States
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
What you'll be doing:
Here’s your opportunity to join Bio-Rad, the global leader in Quality Control and Informatics solutions at their Irvine, CA location. We rely on inspired employees who share our commitment to help clinical laboratories improve the quality of patient care. This position is responsible for overall product lifecycle management with a focus to exceed portfolio revenue goals and help define market strategy for new products and markets. Key activities include customer/market research, forecasting and financial analysis, obtaining customer VOC, identifying new business and market opportunities, defining and driving product initiatives from concept through commercialization, and full support of the stage/gate agile scrum process. Duties and responsibilities:
- Demonstrate experience, knowledge and skills in product/market management.
- Identify global market opportunities and provide subject matter expertise for your product line.
- Assess financial implications, including profitability and viability, for product/market portfolios or segments.
- Manage aspects of the product lifecycle for defined products/markets.
- Develop and drive product launch plans.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills related to interfacing and establishing relationships with customers and key influencers to ensure that marketing decisions are customer-driven.
- Support business responsibilities in Product Development processes such as Stage-Gate and Agile Scrum.
- Understand and manage product lifecycle processes and make recommendations to achieve sustainable economic success for product/market portfolios or segments.
- Participate on cross-functional teams including sales, manufacturing, operations, R&D, Quality, regulatory, and downstream marketing to achieve market penetration and revenue goals.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams/members without formal authority.
- Work closely with downstream product managers to provide launch support during commercialization process.
- Required Skills
What you'll need for this role:
- Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams to achieve product launches.
- Ability to analyze and dissect competitive information, market research and customer data and use it to make sound recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of responsibilities, overcome obstacles, and deliver on commitments. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- 0-2 years of product management marketing and/or sales experience in a similar industry, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of project management, marketing, forecasting, and customer interface experience.
- Experience with international sales or marketing helpful.
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology, medical technology, similar technical field, or combination of equivalent education and work experience. MBA preferred.
What's in it for you:
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
- Opportunities for growth and training
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year-old company
- Great work environment
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Job Location
- Irvine, California, United States
- QSD IRV MKT Product Management (10203)
- Position Type