Upstream Manufacturing Technician - Spain
Posted on : 30 July 2017
- The candidate will be expected to provide development oversight, know-how and technical input in specific tasks and in the group in general.
- In addition, the candidate will be involved in the upstream manufacturing to obtain products (biomass or recombinant proteins) with the specifications required by our clients, in the execution of the tech transfer processes; as well as, contribution to routine laboratory activities.
- Proficiency and capability in managing multiple projects in a fast paced environment with client interaction is expected.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Creation of operating procedures & other relevant documentation for large scale manufacturing.
- Execution of commercial manufacturing processes according to established work instructions.
- Adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Takes part in investigations and optimizations of processes using scientific, engineering and lean principles.
- Operates all USP production equipment within the assigned functional area.
- Assists with reviewing batch and manufacturing reports in conjunction with Quality representative and provide input to related investigations and QA audit activities. Engages in and supports culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence through ownership of improvement for work processes, equipment and safe work environment.
- From two to three years experience in either R&D or manufacturing departments in upstream processes, within the biopharmaceutical industry or the academic field.
- Knowledge of microbiology and/or cell culture is a must.
- Knowledge of biochemistry and metabolic pathways is essential.
- Experience in working with bioreactor and filtration systems is desirable.
- Experience in working on upstream processes with yeast, bacterial and mammalian cells would also be highly valued.
- Experience in GMP environment is an advantage.
- Experience in the preparation and review of documentation (SOPs, Development Reports, Validation Reports, protocol) in English to regulatory standards is essential.
- Proven initiative and independent thinking to deliver tasks on time, whilst working in a team environment.
- Capable to identify technical and scientific problems and propose solutions.
- Experience in managing studies and/or small-teams are expected.
- Proficient verbal and written communicator.
- Proficiency to work within regulatory guidelines.
- Fluent in English.
- Willing to relocate to Northern Spain
- Immediate incorporation in a young and motivated working environment, in a company in full expansion.
- Attractive remuneration according to experience.