This job is currently Archived,
Undergrad Co-op - ABC (Tissue Culture and Hybridoma Production) Burnaby Canada,
Posted on : 01 May 2017
- Our company specializes in the discovery and development of human therapeutic antibodies.
- It employs approximately 50 people, including research scientists and a small support staff.
- A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, our company was one of the first companies to realize the new science s promise by bringing novel medicines from lab, to manufacturing plant, to patient.
- Our company therapeutics has changed the practice of medicine, helping millions of people around the world in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and other serious illnesses.
- With a deep and broad pipeline of potential new medicines, our company remains committed to advancing science to dramatically improve people s lives.
- Working as part of the ELISA / FACS / Robotics Group, the individual will primarily focus on the automation / robotics aspects of cell culture and hybridoma generation techniques involved in the discovery of novel human therapeutics or diagnostics using XenoMouse and Hybridoma technology.
- These two technologies allow identification of single immune cells from a large population that produces very high affinity antigen specific monoclonal antibodies. These project specific candidate monoclonal antibodies and cells will be used for further mAb characterization and lead selections.
- Utilize automation for all downstream high throughput tissue culture efforts in 96, 384, 24 well formats aseptic handling, cell passaging, media preparation
- Become familiar with several robotic platforms, Dynamic Devices 96 / 384-Well Tool Head Oasis, Lynx, VVP, TRx, Biomek FXP Span-8
- Assist with high throughput screens for molecular and functional studies
- Opportunity to learn multiple techniques normalization, transfections, ELISAs, FACSs
- Antibody Quantification using Bio-Layer Interferometry (Octet)
- Gain valuable experience in organization and multitasking
- Our company requires that all individuals applying for an undergraduate internship or an undergraduate co-op assignment at our company must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Currently enrolled in a full time Bachelor s degree program from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Completion of one year of study from an accredited college or university prior to the internship commencing
- Enrolled in a full time Bachelor s or Combined Bachelor's/Master's degree program following the potential internship or co-op assignment with an accredited college or university
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- In the process of earning a Bachelor s of Science degree in Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biology / Microbiology, Life Sciences, Chemical Engineering, or related discipline
- Able to work for two consecutive four month terms with continued employment for the second term dependent on a positive performance review at the end of the first term
- Prior work experience in tissue culture preferred
- Knowledge of immunology & molecular biology
- Experienced with Excel and Word
- Experience in computer programming would be an asset
- Attention to detail and excellent record keeping skills
- Team-oriented, flexible and willing to learn
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Find a Job Find Candidates